Lighter than the classic potato pancake and full of flavor, these pancakes are super tasty and are a great way to enjoy a variety of vegetables. They are crispy on the outside and moist and delicious on the inside - a perfect treat for the morning or anytime.
3 small zucchini, shredded
1 cup onion, finely chopped
2 small red potatoes, shredded
2 carrots, peeled and shredded
½ cup corn, frozen or fresh
6 tablespoons flour
1 ¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon basil, dried
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
½ teaspoon granulated onion
½ cup white sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
oil for frying
sour cream or salsa(optional)
- Mix eggs, flour, seasonings and cheese in large bowl.
- Add vegetables to bowl and mix well.
- In frying pan, heat ¼ inch of oil to medium-high.
- With a slotted spoon, drop vegetable mixture by 1/3 to ½ cup per pancake, depending on how large you want the pancakes. Fry until edges brown, then flip over and fry another two minutes.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve plain or with topping of your choice.