Watermelon Punch in Watermelon Bowl (Recipe)
Rather than simply slicing up a watermelon for your 4th of July celebration, why not add a fun twist on this summertime treat? This watermelon punch recipe is super easy to make and super easy to customize! Though the kids may love watermelon, you can also add rum or vodka to make it an adults-only punch.
- 1 seedless watermelon, preferably oblong
- seltzer water
Ratio: About 1 cup of seltzer water for every 3 cups of watermelon juice.
Instead of seltzer, try ginger ale!
Lime or lemon juice, 1 tablespoon for every cup of watermelon juice
Pineapple juice, 1 tablespoon for every cup of watermelon juice
Rum or vodka
Fresh mint leaves and/or lime slices for garnishing
1. Cut off the top third of the watermelon. Cut the bottom to make a flat surface without cutting into the flesh. Scoop out the flesh. Cover and refrigerate watermelon rind.
2. Puree watermelon in a food processor. You’ll need to do this in batches. Pour pureed watermelon juice into a sieve to separate solids from liquid. Refrigerate liquid for about an hour, or until chilled.
3. Add one cup of seltzer for every three cups of watermelon. If you’re adding any other juices or liquor, stir in before you add the seltzer.
4. Pour punch into hollowed-out watermelon rind. Serve chilled with ice.
Recipe Adapted From: Martha Stewart