Watermelon is a delicious and inexpensive way to help you cleanse your body and lose weight. A one cup serving of watermelon is only 47 calories. Below are some of the recipes and directions from our Watermelon Cleanse.
In addition to weight loss, watermelon is a great source of energy and nutrients for your body. Watermelon is recommended by American Council on Exercise as a good choice of diet food. I consider it a powerfood.
How Watermelon Helps with Cleansing, Weight Loss and Health:
- Watermelon is extremely alkaline-forming in the body. Fat cells contain toxicity and acid. Your body will not let go of fat cells while you are still acidic.
- Watermelon is high in fiber. This fiber helps keep the colon clean.
- Like most fruits watermelon has almost no fats. Besides lowering the calorie content, this makes it easy to digest and thus improves the digestion, a necessary factor in a clean lean body.
- Watermelon is a very good source of potassium. This balances the high amounts of sodium our diets contain and thus supports the kidneys.
- It can ease inflammation that contributes to conditions like asthma, atherosclerosis, diabetes, colon cancer, and arthritis. This lowers the toxic load in the body.
Before you start eating tons of this tasty fruit, you’d better learn how to cut a watermelon. YES – there is a better way if you are cutting a lot! See my quick demonstration of how to here.
Next page: 3 Wonderful Watermelon Recipes.