Before you start any skincare program, itís important to know your facial skin type. This great little quiz will help you to identify yours. Then we include some helpful skincare treatments that are perfect for your type.
Take the quick quiz and find out your skin type, here:
1. Does your skin look dull or flaky?
2. Does your skin have a shiny, slippery texture?
3. Does your skin feel itchy and taut?
4. Do you have enlarged or clogged pores, or acne?
5. Does your skin react adversely to cosmetics containing alcohol, synthetics, fragrances, and artificial colors?
6. Does your skin appear consistently plump, moist, and vibrant?
7. Does your forehead, nose, or chin appear oily, while the skin around your cheeks, eyes, and mouth is normal or dry?
If you answered yes to 1 or 3, you have DRY skin.
If you answered yes to 2 or 4, you have OILY skin.
If you answered yes to 5, you have SENSITIVE skin.
If you answered yes to 6, you have NORMAL skin.
If you answered yes to 7, you have COMBINATION skin.
Drink lots of fresh water.
Use rich formulas containing a balanced combination of oil and water to soothe and hydrate.
Your skin will remain younger looking and more supple over time, but for now, you could benefit from periodic aromatic steam treatments and clay masks.
Use gentle, natural, handmade skincare products and treatments, including light steaming with herbs. See How To Do a Facial Steam.
You will benefit from regular cleansing, toning, and moisturizing with handmade skincare products.
Assess your skin regularly and use different products on different areas of the face.
Adapted from Making Aromatherapy Creams and Lotions, by Donna Marie (Storey Books, 2000). Copyright (c) 2000 by Donna Marie. Reprinted by permission of Storey Books.
Adapted from Making Aromatherapy Creams and Lotions, by Donna Marie (Storey Books, 2000).