What Kind of Home Do You Have? Quiz
Is your home a nest or a burrow? A colony or a perch? Take this fun quiz to find out. It may explain why some rooms in your home feel more comfortable to you than others, or you might discover that you and your partner have different needs when it comes to the kind of home you want. For instance, I recently moved my bedroom from the burrow-like back bedroom to a more nest-like one upstairs (newly vacated by my college-bound son), and itís amazing how much lighter I feel.
Find out which type of home you have, and which your personality would prefer. Itís all right here:
Answer the following True or False questions:
1. Iím really not home much; when I am, I use it as a sort of way-station until I go out again.
2. I am home a lot, and really prefer it that way, since it is where I feel safest and most comfortable.
3. It is important to me for home to be soothing, quiet, and peaceful, a sort of sanctuary.
4. I like home to be filled with noise and activity: the comings and goings of family and friends, as well as projects and work all add to the excitement.
5. I like having a sense of space, light, and air in my home; I prefer decorating with light, bright, spacious colors.
6. I prefer home to feel cozy, contained, and womb-like; I like decorating with dark, woody, enclosing colors.
7. I like an earthy home: I am drawn to homes that are partially below-ground, like sod-roofed houses, rammed-earth houses, or adobe ones.
8. I like an airy home: I am drawn to homes on hillsides or with second and third storeys, or even a turret or widowís walk.
9. I really only use home as a place to change clothes and answer phone messages.
10. I like to have a sense of community in my home: the more people around me, the merrier.
If you answered TRUE to 1, 5, and 9, you prefer a PERCH.
If you answered TRUE to 2, 3, 5, and 8, you prefer a NEST.
If you answered TRUE to 2, 3, 6, and 7, you prefer a BURROW.
If you answered TRUE to 2, 4, and 10, you prefer a COLONY.
By Cait Johnson, Assistant Producer, Care2 Healthy Living.