Which Bird Are You? Quiz
Let your imagination take flight with this fun quiz that can tell you something significant about your true nature. After all, if you’re a sparrow you’ll need to beware of hawks, and if you’re a heron, you need periodic times of stillness in order to thrive. Birds can give us useful information about what we need and who we most deeply are.
Learn more so you can really soar, here:
Answer the following questions TRUE or FALSE (and be truthful with yourself!).
1. I do my best work alone.
2. People have told me I am a visionary, capable of seeing the big picture.
3. I am quick and incisive when it comes to making decisions.
4. I am in a leadership position at work or in my life; people tell me I have a lot of personal power.
5. I come alive after dark; early rising is not for me.
6. I sometimes need to come to a complete standstill before I make a move.
7. My nature is extremely quick: my metabolism, thoughts, and actions tend to be on the fast side.
8. I love to talk and/or sing.
9. Although I am imaginative, I prefer to stay close to home.
10. I thrive under adverse conditions and often find unusual ways of seeing things.
11. I enjoy interacting with many people at work.
12. If I had to choose one word to sum up the meaning of life for me, it would be “joy.”
13. I am drawn to watery landscapes and find great serenity beside ponds, lakes, and inlets.
14. I love a sense of spaciousness; heights don’t scare me.
15. I prefer to see all sides of something before I make a decision. People tell me I have a well-rounded sense of things.
Take note of the clusters that are mostly true for you: they can tell you which bird is your guide.
If you answered TRUE to 1, 3, 7, and 12 you are a HUMMINGBIRD.
If you answered TRUE to 1, 2, 4, and 14 you are an EAGLE.
If you answered TRUE to 1, 5, 10, and 15 you are an OWL.
If you answered TRUE to 1, 3, 6, and 13 you are a HERON.
If you answered TRUE to 7, 8, 9, and 11 you are a SONGBIRD.
By Cait Johnson, author of Earth, Water, Fire,and Air (SkyLight Paths, 2003).