Start A Petition

STUDY: Humanity Knows Less Than 15 Percent of the World's Species

Animals  (tags: animals, animalwelfare, biodiversity, study, wildanimals, wildlife, protection, humans )

- 2465 days ago -
The research implies that about 86 percent of the world's species have still yet to be described.

Select names from your address book   |   Help

We hate spam. We do not sell or share the email addresses you provide.


Danuta W (1249)
Wednesday August 24, 2011, 4:06 am
Thanks for the article.

Past Member (0)
Wednesday August 24, 2011, 4:39 am
wow, thanks

Serena Ciarrocchi (34)
Wednesday August 24, 2011, 4:41 am
Wow!well tha's a good news,it means that there's still space for research and to know something more

Cristina M (137)
Wednesday August 24, 2011, 4:51 am
We know less than 15% but surely we're killing most of the unknown and known species. Very interesting article. Thanks Cal!

Sue Matheson (79)
Wednesday August 24, 2011, 4:58 am

Eileen Novak (444)
Wednesday August 24, 2011, 10:02 am
Ditto Cristina M.

Carol H (229)
Wednesday August 24, 2011, 12:10 pm
interesting, thanks Cal, noted

Brenda Towers (0)
Wednesday August 24, 2011, 12:17 pm

Veronica C (22)
Wednesday August 24, 2011, 12:56 pm
It's safer for them if we don't know they exist!

Rosie Lopez (73)
Wednesday August 24, 2011, 1:13 pm
way cool! thanks cal!!

Reynard Loki (16)
Wednesday August 24, 2011, 1:13 pm
Noted, thanks Cal

Alicia V (181)
Wednesday August 24, 2011, 1:39 pm
Thanks God we don't or if....

janet f (29)
Wednesday August 24, 2011, 3:21 pm
The 86% of species that we haven't come in contact with are surviving just fine. It's the remaining 14% that we know about that are in danger of extinction.

Here's an idea: why don't we just leave that 86% of species the f**k alone and let them live happily ever after.

Ruth C (87)
Wednesday August 24, 2011, 3:29 pm
God is great, so many things that he created!

Vallee R (280)
Wednesday August 24, 2011, 5:09 pm
Noted and posted in groups.

Aletta Kraan (146)
Wednesday August 24, 2011, 5:57 pm
Noted , thanks !

Elle Dee (0)
Wednesday August 24, 2011, 6:11 pm
pretty cool! thanks!

. (1)
Wednesday August 24, 2011, 10:40 pm
Noted. Thank you Cal.

SANDRA R (144)
Thursday August 25, 2011, 7:08 am
Cool. Noted. Thank you Cal.

Nancy Roussy (79)
Thursday August 25, 2011, 8:01 am
I hope they continue to stay far away from us because we are killing all the species that we know of (technically we are also killing those we dont know of with our pollution but at least they are not physically tortured and killed by an evil worthless human)!

Past Member (0)
Thursday August 25, 2011, 12:54 pm
Rather humbling, isn't it?

linda b (186)
Friday August 26, 2011, 3:36 pm
Noted, thanks Cal.

Dianne D (490)
Saturday September 17, 2011, 2:57 pm
This is not a surprise to me. I believe that animals are our teachers and they are not put on this earth to be eaten, used as entertainment or to be experimented on. They are the eyes and ears of God and cannot speak so not to give away their purpose here on earth.
Or, log in with your
Facebook account:
Please add your comment: (plain text only please. Allowable HTML: <a>)

Track Comments: Notify me with a personal message when other people comment on this story

Loading Noted By...Please Wait


butterfly credits on the news network

  • credits for vetting a newly submitted story
  • credits for vetting any other story
  • credits for leaving a comment
learn more

Most Active Today in Animals

Content and comments expressed here are the opinions of Care2 users and not necessarily that of or its affiliates.

New to Care2? Start Here.