Start A Petition

Baby Formula Recalled in UK After Newborn Death

Health & Wellness  (tags: UK, premature newborns, formula, death, illness, septicemia, Bacillus cereus )

- 1443 days ago -
Liquid food for premature newborns that was distributed in the United Kingdom is under an urgent recall after being linked to the death of one child and blood poisoning in 14 others, according to The Guardian.

Select names from your address book   |   Help

We hate spam. We do not sell or share the email addresses you provide.


Laurie H (817)
Friday June 6, 2014, 10:12 pm
OMG this is so horrible to read about!!! Thank you for this share /article Carrie~~~

Past Member (0)
Saturday June 7, 2014, 1:57 am
as above....

Past Member (0)
Saturday June 7, 2014, 1:58 am
&& :- (((((((((((((((((((((

Lona G (80)
Saturday June 7, 2014, 4:20 am
Such sad news, Carrie.
Sounds very much like what happened in China, but on a much smaller scale as the manufacturer quickly did the right thing and recalled the contaminated baby formula.

Birgit W (160)
Saturday June 7, 2014, 9:25 am
This is just heartbreaking. I feel so sorry for all the new parents who have lost their baby, and for all the parents who are suffering right now not knowing if their babies are going to survive.

Anne F (17)
Saturday June 7, 2014, 10:12 am
Sad. It is good to hear that the product has been recalled so the hospital supply is safe now.

Past Member (0)
Saturday June 7, 2014, 12:52 pm
Disgusting I don't care about the recall it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Lynne Buckley (0)
Saturday June 7, 2014, 1:06 pm

S M (0)
Saturday June 7, 2014, 1:37 pm
As the copy says it is liquid food for premature babies in SCBU it not 'Formula' (commercial baby milk) and the article should be corrected on this as the title could cause much worry to new parents. A headline has been worded to create drama and is inappropriate and unethical for a writer in the special circumstances.

Krista Slavin (195)
Saturday June 7, 2014, 10:19 pm
This sad =[

Rhonda B (106)
Sunday June 8, 2014, 12:56 pm
This is very sad :(

Betty Kelly (4)
Sunday June 8, 2014, 1:31 pm
The product that caused this bab's death should be recalled and held responsible. Breast feeding is always the safest and if possible be the way to feed your baby.
Or, log in with your
Facebook account:
Please add your comment: (plain text only please. Allowable HTML: <a>)

Track Comments: Notify me with a personal message when other people comment on this story

Loading Noted By...Please Wait


butterfly credits on the news network

  • credits for vetting a newly submitted story
  • credits for vetting any other story
  • credits for leaving a comment
learn more

Most Active Today in Health & Wellness

Content and comments expressed here are the opinions of Care2 users and not necessarily that of or its affiliates.

New to Care2? Start Here.