Pets and Disasters
Share ideas and thoughts in the Care2 Cafe.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency offers advice:
- Don't leave pets behind if you must evacuate.
- Pets are not allowed in homeless shelters, so find local hotels and other locations where you CAN bring your pet.
- Keep an emergency pet pack with food, a leash, water, medication, and a first aid kit as well as current vet records.
- Keep a secure pet carrier available in case the pet needs to be confined.
- Make sure to keep ID on your pet at all times.
- Keep a current picture of your pet.
- Put a sticker in your window that tells firemen and firewomen how many and what type of pets live in your house.
ONSITE FEEDBACK FORM
Problem on this page? Briefly let us know what isn't working for you and we'll try to make it right!