Welcome to Christian Care2- We Care and Forgive Group.
Our Statement of Faith
1. There is one God,1 who is infinitely perfect,2 existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.3
2. Jesus Christ is true God and true man.4 He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.5 He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures.6 He is now at the right hand of the Majesty on high as our great High Priest.7 He will come again to establish His kingdom of righteousness and peace.8
3. The Holy Spirit is a divine Person, sent to indwell,9 guide, teach and empower the believer, and to convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment.10
4. The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of people. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.11
5. Humankind, originally created in the image and likeness of God,12 fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All people are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ.13 The destiny of the impenitent and unbelieving is existence forever in conscious torment, but that of the believer is everlasting joy and bliss.14
6. Salvation has been provided only through Jesus Christ. Those who repent and believe in Him are united with Christ through the Holy Spirit and are thereby regenerated (born again), justified, sanctified and granted the gift of eternal life as adopted children of God.15
7. It is the will of God that in union with Christ each believer should be sanctified thoroughly16 thereby being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to God, receiving power for holy living and sacrificial and effective service toward the completion of Christ's commission.17
This is accomplished through being filled with the Holy Spirit which is both a distinct event and progressive experience in the life of the believer.18
8. Provision is made in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ for the healing of the mortal body. Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil as taught in the Scriptures are privileges for the Church in this present age.19
9. The universal Church, of which Christ is the Head, consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, regenerated by the Holy Spirit, and commissioned by Christ to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the Gospel to all nations.20
The local church, the visible expression of the universal Church, is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together to worship God, to observe the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord's Supper, to pray, to be edified through the Word of God, to fellowship, and to testify in word and deed to the good news of salvation both locally and globally. The local church enters into relationships with other like-minded churches for accountability, encouragement and mission.21
10. There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life;22 for the latter, a resurrection unto judgment.23
11. The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent and will be personal and visible.24 As the believerís blessed hope, this vital truth is an incentive for holy living and sacrificial service toward the completion of Christ's commission.25
1 Isa. 44:6; 45:5-6
2 Matt. 5:48; Deut. 32:4
3 Matt. 3:16-17; 28:19
4 Phil. 2:6-11; Heb. 2:14-18; Col. 2:9
5 Matt. 1:18; Luke 1:35
6 1 Cor. 15:3-5; 1 John 2:2; Acts 13:39
7 Heb. 4:14-15; 9:24-28
8 Matt. 25:31-34; Acts 1:11
9 John 14:16-17
10 John 16:7-11; 1 Cor. 2:10-12
11 2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21
12 Gen. 1:27
13 Rom. 8:8; 1 John 2:2
14 Matt. 25:41-46; 2 Thes. 1:7-10
15 Titus 3:5-7; Acts 2:38; John 1:12; 1 Cor. 6:11
16 1 Thes. 5:23
17 Acts 1:8
18 Rom. 12:1-2; Gal. 5:16-25
19 Matt. 8:16-17; James 5:13-16
20 Eph. 3:6-12; 1:22-23
21 Acts 2:41-47; Heb. 10:25; Matt. 28:19-20; Acts 1:8, 11:19-30; 15
22 1 Cor. 15:20-23
23 2 Thes. 1:7-10
24 1 Thes. 4:13-17
25 1 Cor. 1:7; Titus 2:11-14; Matt. 24:14; 28:18-20
A Revised Mandate:
Forgive and Forget ~
Matt 18: 21-22 "18:21 Then Peter came and said to him, Lord, what number of times may my brother do wrong against me, and I give him forgiveness? till seven times? 18:22 Jesus says to him, I say not to you, Till seven times; but, Till seventy times seven."
Philippians 3:10-11 "3:10 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 3:11 and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead."
Ezekiel 18:20-23 "18:20 The soul which does sin will be put to death: the son will not be made responsible for the evil-doing of the father, or the father for the evil-doing of the son; the righteousness of the upright will be on himself, and the evil-doing of the evil-doer on himself.18:21 But if the evil-doer, turning away from all the sins which he has done, keeps my rules and does what is ordered and right, life will certainly be his; death will not be his fate.18:22 Not one of the sins which he has done will be kept in memory against him: in the righteousness which he has done he will have life.18:23 Have I any pleasure in the death of the evil-doer? says the Lord: am I not pleased if he is turned from his way so that he may have life?"
Exodus 32:2-4 "32:2 Then Aaron said to them, Take off the gold rings which are in the ears of your wives and your sons and your daughters, and give them to me. 32:3 And all the people took the gold rings from their ears and gave them to Aaron. 32:4 And he took the gold from them and, hammering it with an instrument, he made it into the metal image of a young ox: and they said, This is your god, O Israel, who took you out of the land of Egypt. "
But God Forgive Aaron and Make Aaron What He Once Failed
Exodus 28:1-3 "28:1 Now let Aaron your brother, and his sons with him, come near from among the children of Israel, so that they may be my priests, even Aaron, and Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar, his sons. 28:2 And make holy robes for Aaron your brother, so that he may be clothed with glory and honour. 28:3 Give orders to all the wise-hearted workmen, whom I have made full of the spirit of wisdom, to make robes for Aaron, so that he may be made holy as my priest."
Love and Not Count~
Leviticus 19:15-18 15 " 'Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly.
16 " 'Do not go about spreading slander among your people. " 'Do not do anything that endangers your neighbor's life. I am the LORD . 17 " 'Do not hate your brother in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in his guilt. 18 " 'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD .
Leviticus 19:33-35 33 " 'When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. 34 The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God. 35 " 'Do not use dishonest standards when measuring length, weight or quantity.
1 John 4:7-21 7Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 13We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 14And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. 16And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. 17In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. 18There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 19We love because he first loved us. 20If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. 21And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.
1 John 5:1-2 1Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. 2This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.
Listen, Keep Tongue and Not Judge~
1 Samuel 24:11-13 11 See, my father, look at this piece of your robe in my hand! I cut off the corner of your robe but did not kill you. Now understand and recognize that I am not guilty of wrongdoing or rebellion. I have not wronged you, but you are hunting me down to take my life. 12 May the LORD judge between you and me. And may the LORD avenge the wrongs you have done to me, but my hand will not touch you. 13 As the old saying goes, 'From evildoers come evil deeds,' so my hand will not touch you.
Matt 7:1-2 1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
Luke 6:36-38 36Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. 37"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
Proverbs 17:27-28 27 A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered. 28 Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue.
Proverbs 21:23 He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity.
James 1:26If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.
1 Peter 3:9-11 9Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. 10For, "Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech. 11He must turn from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it.
I just want to point out some basic respect in this group that I want to achieve.
1. If anyone what to express negative stuff, plz don't use labeling, name calling, or denounce words. I'm not saying you have done these. But what I want to say is that we want constructive comments
2. When making constructive comment, Plz use ur ID.......don't use anonymous..unless u feel insecure that u might get attack back otherwise.....this isn't fair to the one who is receiving critic.
3. The language of constructive comment shall be gentle.
4. On this board we are not allowed to revenge on this board.
Thanks for listening.
Where I am a Co-Host There
~Make chat time arrangement in Chat Time board below.
Purpose of this Group:
At first when I was forming this group, I was thinking that we shall care and forgive and that's the theme of our group. But then we are discussing many more topics than just care and forgive. By care, we mean that we treat each other from the heart. By forgive, we mean that since God has forgiven us, we shall forgive others. Personally I think forgive is a release itself. We welcome both believe and non-believer. And in Christ we shall tolerate all kind of people, accept them, love them, forgive them, welcome them. In another word, welcome all kind of opinion. We won't try to force anyone to convert. Hatred isn't tolerate in this group. In a way we are trying to spread gospel, but we shown them we are children of God not by posting msg, but by treating each members with our heart. God once say, if we love each other, then others can recognize that [we] are His disciple. And here we have no master, but Lord. No one can condemn anyone. We are just servant of Christ. My role here is just maintain the group. The core of this group is members of Christ, or members of this group. And the source of our love is Christ. I hope everyone feels welcome here.
The Meaning of Communion: Luke 22:8-13
A debrief of a sermon I heard on July 4, 2004
What would you do if you know you have one more day to live? The pastor said he would first ask another doctor to confirm his doctor saying, then he would spend his time with his love, family and children.
The last supper, is the night before Jesus knows he would be crucifix on the cross. He invited his 12 disciples to a final supper. When they arrived, Peter said where are the servant that were going to wash our feet? Then Jesus took a bowl of water and a towl to wash all disciples' feet. How much would you love your neigbour more, when your Master washed the feet of yours?
Narrator (Vivian):[Indeed Matthew 26:34-42 says whatever you do for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. John 13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."]
Communion is a Remembrance, and as Reminder
1. Serve Each Other- Encourage Each Other, Refresh Each Other
2. Love One Another- Love Enemies, No Jealous
3. Obedience to God's Word