Start A Petition

13 Golf Balls Found Inside Dog

Animals  (tags: animals, dogs, humans, protection, pets )

- 3764 days ago -
A dog is certainly think that they are eggs!


We hate spam. We do not sell or share the email addresses you provide.


Mick Gill (119)
Monday October 27, 2008, 4:53 pm
To do what this dog does takes Balls "if you think swallow a golf ball is easy " maybe give him a jacket with pockets, Then it would easier to carry the golf balls, hum is he is a retriever?

Kathy W (299)
Monday October 27, 2008, 4:58 pm
Wow! That is one lucky dog that he didn't have serious damage from all those golf balls! Silly puppy... :) Thanks Jozef.

Vijay Tankha (28)
Monday October 27, 2008, 5:44 pm
So we've all exclaimed about the dog swallowing the golf balls. But what happens now? Gold balls are hard and not liable to disolve in a hurry. Couldn't the dog be harmed? I'm sure he needs to be taken to the vet ASAP lest he get some problems in the intestines. Sorry if I'm sounding alarmist.

Past Member (0)
Monday October 27, 2008, 10:57 pm
Ha,ha Mick, funny. Dogs do silly things. This is a new one for me though. Glad he is ok, and the muzzle is probably the best idea. You know he will do it again.

Kathy Chadwell (354)
Monday October 27, 2008, 11:20 pm
I worry about how many pillow are in my dogs tummy:)

Sheila G (267)
Tuesday October 28, 2008, 5:22 am
Denise, the boy was indeed taken to the vet and that is how they know how many he swallowed! his parent should take the ball from him when he finds one, this is absolutely dangerous. I hope the dear boy is not running loose, a muzzle only adds to the danger!

Bill C (353)
Tuesday October 28, 2008, 8:34 am
I live in golf country and my Rhodesian ate many golf balls, in fact I know many dogs that have eaten them. I tried once to stop mine when I saw it but ended up watching him swallow one, it was like watching an Ostrich swallow an apple.

Never hurt the dog comming or going and he went to the vet every time. The vet said large dogs often eat rocks for the minerals, Big Mike was a huge dog. I guess he though a golf ball was a nice smooth rock. I think the real danger is obstruction especially if the golf ball is cut as the dogs stomach acid will then eat up the area and the winding will expand. With Big Mike what we did was feed him walk him and poke a stick in the poo to see if a golf ball came out and it always did. Like I said Big Mike was huge and passing a golf ball was no problem.

I know a kid who has a weiner dog that lives on the fairway and that little sucker steals so many golf balls they have a warning sign, I feel sure somewhere in Pinehurst NC there is a weiner dog stash of hundreds of expensive golf balls.

I guess Big Mike ( my Rhodesian ) only ate new, not cut, golf balls, so they never hurt him... he was a gourmet.

Joycey B (750)
Tuesday October 28, 2008, 10:12 am
This is so unbelieable. I am so glad he is ok.

Judy S (18)
Tuesday October 28, 2008, 1:38 pm
I was just at the vet, picking up my jack russell who has diabetis. The gentleman in front of me was waitng for his dog who was in surgery for eating 4 pair of childrens socks. All removed, dog is fine, their wallet is $3000 lighter.
Lesson learned!

Bob F (10)
Tuesday October 28, 2008, 7:51 pm
Its funny what dogs will eat.
Or, log in with your
Facebook account:
Please add your comment: (plain text only please. Allowable HTML: <a>)

Track Comments: Notify me with a personal message when other people comment on this story

Loading Noted By...Please Wait


butterfly credits on the news network

  • credits for vetting a newly submitted story
  • credits for vetting any other story
  • credits for leaving a comment
learn more

Most Active Today in Animals

Content and comments expressed here are the opinions of Care2 users and not necessarily that of or its affiliates.

New to Care2? Start Here.