Care2 code of conduct November 27, 2007 12:32 PM
Code of Conduct:
The Code of Conduct is intended as a guideline for how members should
interact with each other on the Care2 forums. Just like a real
community, you may have different opinions than other Care2 Groups
users. While the Care2 Groups experience is best when people abide by
the guidelines, it is up to each Group Owner to interpret and enact the
Code of Conduct as they see fit. Note that the Code of Conduct
guidelines do not substitute or override the Care2 Terms of Service which all members must abide by.
[ send green star]
- Respect and courtesy - All Care2 Members are entitled to express
their views and beliefs in a safe environment without feeling attacked.
Members may not infringe on the rights of any other person to express
themselves in a safe environment. This policy includes:
- Any harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful, or otherwise objectionable posts.
- Any posts which are invasive of another's privacy.
- Name calling or otherwise attacking the person posting rather
than the content of the post. Disagreement is encouraged, but you
should only comment on the argument or position taken, never against
the person posting their opinion or belief.
- Any racial or ethnic slurs or insults relating to the mental, physical or intellectual qualities of any member.
- Vulgarity - All Care2 members agree to not post text or images
that are vulgar, obscene, graphically violent or sexual in nature.
- Violent action - No member of Care2.com may use our boards or
network messaging system to advocate violence against others, even in
- Illegal activities - No Care2 member may use our services to
promote illegal actions or to instigate illegal activity from other
- 'Hate messages' - No member may post or email 'hate' messages.
This includes any messages that may incite violence toward someone
because of their age, disability, gender, ethnicity, race, nationality,
religion, or sexual orientation, including:
- Advocating violence or aggression against persons because they are a member of any of the above categories.
- Implying or stating that members of one of these categories 'deserve' or 'earned' death or violence towards them.
- Degrading or insulting whole classes of people, or using such statements to justify actions taken against them.
- Privacy - No Care2 member may use our site to collect personal
information about other Care2 members, or to post such information for
others to view. This includes telephone numbers, addresses, etc.
- Stalking - No member may stalk or otherwise harass others on our site.
- Copyrights - No Care2 member may post, email or otherwise
distribute information or content which infringes on a copyright,
patent trademark or other proprietary right of another party.
- Disruptive posts - No member may disrupt the discussion boards
by posting repeatedly with the same information or by otherwise
preventing the use of these boards by other Care2 members.
- Anonymous posts - If anonymous posts are abusive, do not
adhere to our Respect and Courtesy Guidelines, or otherwise violate the
Care2 Code of Conduct, they will be removed. Members who repeatedly are
posting inappropriate anonymous posts will be blocked from making
anonymous posts, as the Care2 administration can track anonymous posts
to membership registrations.
- SPAM / Bulk mailings - No member may upload, post, email,
transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized
commercial advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam,"
"chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
- Impersonation - No member may impersonate any person or
entity, including, but not limited to, a Care2 official or group forum
leader; or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation
with a person or entity.
- Minors - Care2 Members may not post, email, or otherwise take action that endangers or harms a minor in any way.
- Problems and abuse reporting - Do not respond to abusive posts
or otherwise engage in the furthering of inappropriate topics and
posts. If you encounter a member that is abusing our system, report
them directly using the 'Flag' tool so that appropriate action can be
November 27, 2007 12:47 PM
Care2 does enforce these rules. So please follow them. Pay close attention to rule number two. Care2 can and will shut groups down without notice or warning. If you have found one of your poems has been deleted, please do not be offended. It is not personal.
[ send green star]
December 03, 2007 8:10 AM
[ send green star]
December 03, 2007 12:44 PM
Thanks for posting this Pam.
[report anonymous abuse]