- 6 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- ¾ cup sugar, divided
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbs. flour, divided
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 3 ½ Tbs. nonhydrogenated vegetable shortening
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 11- x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Toss together strawberries, 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs. sugar, 2 Tbs. flour, and lemon juice in bowl. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
3. Whisk together remaining 1/2 cup flour, remaining 2 Tbs. sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in separate bowl. Add shortening, and mix well with fork until mixture is crumbly. Stir in 1/2 cup water. Spread over strawberry mixture. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until browned and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
(Remember to use Sugar Substitutes, such as Stevia and Honey. Also use Whole Wheat Flour and not Bleached Flour.)