- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1–2 drops hot sauce, optional
- 2 chayote squash, diced (2 cups)
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced (1 cup)
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced (½ cup)
- 4 cups watercress or arugula
1. Whisk together lime juice, garlic, oregano, and chili powder in bowl. Whisk in oil and hot sauce, if using. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. Cook chayotes in large pot of boiling, salted water 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and cool.
3. Combine chayotes, radishes, green onions, watercress, and dressing in bowl. Toss well.