20 Things That Went Right on Election Day by Michelle Maulkin
1. Republicans retained control of the U.S. House of Representatives.
2. Voters in Alabama, Montana and Wyoming all passed measures limiting Obamacare.
3. Tea Party candidate Ted Cruze, one of the conservative movement's brightest rising stars, overcame establishment GOP opposition to clinch a U.S. Senate victory in Texas.
4. Corruptocrat Beltway barnacle, Representative Pete Stark was finally kicked out ofoffice in California.
5. Despite entrenched teachers' union opposition, a charter school initiative inWashington State triumphed.
6. Despite entrenched Big labor support, a radical collective bargaining power grab inMichigan failed.
7. Oklahoma voters said "no" to government race-based preferences in collegeadmissions, public contracting and government hiring.
8. Montana voters said "no" to boundless benefits for illegal aliens.
9. Wahsington state approved taxpayer-empowering limitations on its state legislature'sability to raise taxes.
10. For the first time since Reconstruction, the GOP won control of the arkansas statehouse.
11. Voters rejected tax hike ballot measures in Arizona, South Dakota and MIssouri.
12. Louisiana voted to protect gun rights.
13. Kentucky voted to protect hunting and fishing rights.
14. Parental notification for minors' abortion prevailed in Montana.
15. North Carolina Republicans claimed the governor's office, congressional gains andcontrol of the state's general assembly.
16. Paul Ryan will return to Congress after winning re-election and continue to carry thetourch for entitlement reform and budget discipline.
17. Conservatives won big victories in the Kansas state legislature.
18. Republicans won historic supermajorities in Tennessee.
19. Across the country, Republicans reached a post-2000 record number of gubernatorialvictories.
20. Wisconsin GOP wins back control of the state government.
Conservatives who were devastated by the national election results demonstrated how to lose with dignity and grace. There will be finger-pointing and recriminations and soul-searching, but committed activists can't and won't lose heart. We'll regroup, and keep fighting for our country.
I hope that this encourages you as it did me.
This post was modified from its original form on 19 Nov, 15:54
Well at least there is SOMETHING positive that has come out of this election!!!Now if we can just survive another 4 years of disaster and destruction to win back our country...if we have anything left of it in 4 years!!!!!!!