As a violent storm moved through Huntsville, Ala., on Monday afternoon, a senior dog huddled inside of his dog house, seeking shelter from the severe weather.
According to Monday's AL.com News, when lightning struck the chain which tethered the 90-pound dog, named "Bruiser," to a cable, the ten-year-old dog was electrocuted.
Bruiser's owner, Bill Bomar, stated:
"By God's grace, it was just the dog house,"
Bruiser's dog house was on the main home's back deck. The lightning started a fire in the structure, which responding Moores Mill Fire and Rescue crews quickly extinguished.
Bomar told AL.com that Bruiser "had a good life."
The dog who perished in the storm will be buried in his backyard.
to say "he lived a good life"....how the hell could it have been on the end of a chain day in and day out.If it was storming that bad,why did they not bring him into the house at least till the storm was over.That dog died afraid and alone...rest in peace Bruiser.Now you will have a good life at the rainbow bridge.
I know what you mean! One time I had to rescue a tiny white dog in a tornado warning. The owners took off for shelter and left her alone in a terrible storm.No dog on a chain lives a good life. Rest in peace Bruiser!