One of my favorite resturants makes this, and I decided I could too. It's quick and has such complex flavors. Give it a try.
BAC Quesadilla - for two
Ahead of time:
Prepare 2 Grilled chicken breasts (just season w/ salt-pepper-garlic)
Mango/pepper chutney - recipe:
1-2 ripe mangos - cubed
1/2 red onion diced very finely
1/2 each: red, yellow, orange bell pepper - diced
3/4 cup drained pineapple chunks- cut into smaller pieces
white (or black) pepper -
pineapple juice to create the consistency you like.
Stirl all together and let set - over night is great.
Now Back to the Quesafillas
2 large flour tortillas
Cut the chicken breast into chunks- let cool.
Peel, core and thinly slice 1-2 Pippin or tart apples-let them rest in diluted lemon juice so they won't turn brown. Straight juice is overpowering in this dish, even after rinsing.
4 oz of creamy Brie cheese- about 3-4 slices per quesadilla - more or less- whatever you like.
Warm tortilla in large pan. Put chicken, Brie and apples on half and fold over. Flip over and warm until outside to tortilla shows some color. Slide quesadilla onto a cookie sheet and place into 350 degree oven for 20mins...just watch for bubbling brie around the edges. ***I like to use a cast iron frying plan for the oven, because it gives the quesadilla a nice glazed and crunchy bite.
Serve w/ Mango/pepper chutney, a nice white wine or iced tea and spring mix salad...you are good to go.
Bon Apetit' Mon Cheri
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 serrano chiles, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe medium avacado
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 to 2 pounds fresh crimini mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
Combine the tomatoes, onion, chiles, and salt in a medium bowl and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, split the avocado in half and remove the seed. Scoop out the avocado meat and place in a food processor. Add the cilantro, vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, and the lemon juice and blend until smooth.
Fold the avocado puree into the tomato mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour before using.
Adjust seasoning for filling with salt if necessary. Stuff the mushroom caps with the guacamole and serve.
1 cup Sugar 4 cups chopped rhubarb
3 tablespoon all-purpose flour Pastry for douboe-crust pei
1/2 tspoon ground cinnamon (9-inch)
2 eggs 1 tablespoon butter
1. In a large bowl combine the sugar,flour and cinnamon. Add eggs
whisk until smooth. Gently stir in rhubarb.Line a 9" pie add filling
Dot with butter.
2.oll out dough pastry to fit top of poe place over filling..Trim and seal flute edges Cut slits in top
3.Bake in 45 to 50 degree oven Bake until Golden done or crisp
Yeild 8 servings...
Enjoy eating: Smallfry
This is one of my favorite recipes, especially in winter. As I say at the end, play with the spices till you find the level you like. You can also add red pepper flakes or hot sauce while cooking, but I add mine afterwards since my family does not like it too hot.
Cincinnati Style Chili
1 to 2 lbs ground beef or chili beef
1 to 2 Tbsp basil
1 to 2 Tbsp oregano
2 to 4 Tbsp chili powder
3 to 5 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper
1 to 2 Tbsp cinnamon
2 to 3 cloves garlic
1 to 2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
1 chopped onion (optional)
1 large can (19 oz+) red kidney beans (optional, drain & rinse optional – I just drain but don’t rinse)
~24 oz tomato sauce
~6 oz tomato paste
Shredded cheddar cheese
Note – all spices are to taste, and sauce & paste can be adjusted to a consistency you like. Play with it a couple of times till you find what you like.
Mix all spices together in a bowl. Brown the beef in a large pot for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Add onion and cook for another 10-15 minutes, until onions are soft. Add the spice mixture and stir well, cooking for another minute. Add the beans and cook while stirring another 2 minutes. Add sauce and paste and cook over medium while stirring for another 5 minutes. Turn heat to low and stir for another 5 minutes. Cover and let simmer for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. You can adjust spice level or consistency as needed.
When ready to serve, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Pour chili over spaghetti and server with shredded cheddar cheese on top.
MEXICAN QUICHE Shrimp quiche in a Mexican style
- 1 quiche shell, 9 or 10 inches in diameter
- 1/2 lb large shrimp, about 12-14, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green chilies (Ortegas, not jalapenos).
- 1/2 cup colby cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 5 oz light cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup chives, chopped (fresh or dried)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa, green or red, but fairly hot (use taco sauce if nothing else is available)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Bring about 1 quart of water to the boil in a saucepan. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes or until they loose their raw look, no more. Drain the shrimp in a colander.
- Reserve 6 nice-looking shrimp for later. Chop the rest.
- Spread the chopped shrimp over the bottom of the quiche shell. Use half the chilies to make a layer over the shrimp, then a layer of Jack cheese, another layer of chilies, and a layer of Colby. Spread things evenly.
- Mix cream, eggs, chives, and a little salt (if you want) in a bowl; beat to blend. Pour this into the quiche shell; it shouldn't overflow.
- Place the quiche on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at Reduce the heat to and bake about 35 minutes longer, or until the filling is set.
- Remove quiche from oven; let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Spoon 6 Tbsp of sour cream in round spots around the top of the quiche. Dip each of the reserved shrimp into the salsa and then put them on the spots of sour cream. Spoon the left-over salsa on top of the shrimp.
- Cut into six wedges and serve
A suggestion made by Aric B.
Thank You Aric.
We are going to start the featured recipes by the month now.
So....a new topic will be set up for the Month of May....place your entries in that thread....
This is how the vote boards are set up....
1 board = 10 recipes
I can have up to 9 boards for you to vote on....that= equals up to 90 recipes...
so lets have a really good month ....the boards will be set up for May to vote on in June.
You can start posting your recipes now if you want to.