8 years ago
A very happy holiday season to all our members! May all your memories be pleasant, your meals tasty, and all the calories a figment of your imagination!
recipe for a happy new year
7 years ago
- Take twelve fine, full-grown months; see that these are thoroughly free from old memories of bitterness, rancor and hate, cleanse them completely from every clinging spite; pick off all specks of pettiness and littleness; in short, see that these months are freed from all the pastóhave them fresh and clean as when they first came from the great storehouse of Time.
- Cut these months into thirty or thirty-one equal parts. Do not attempt to make up the whole batch at one time (so many persons spoil the entire lot this way) but prepare one day at a time.
- Into each day put equal parts of faith, patience, courage, work (some people omit this ingredient and so spoil the flavor of the rest), hope, fidelity, liberality, kindness, prayer, meditation, rest (leaving this out is like leaving the oil out of the salad dressingódon't do it), and one well-selected resolution.
- Put in about one teaspoonful of good spirits, a dash of fun, a pinch of folly, a sprinkling of play, and a heaping cupful of good humor.
- Let the New Year begin! Serve Fresh!
7 years ago