EXACTLY! Why is everyone so far in back order in these Firearms and ammo for them? Because obama supporters in these homeland security jobs are buying them up. First from stores to makes sure we don't get them, and at same time at the manufacturers. And the manufacturers that didn't play their game, DHS went after them through the too big to fail - gov. propped up banks. Bank of America ring a bell?
And note how folks on our side continue to allow the communist who run our country and media to control and direct our conversations. They use word smithing and I'm disgusted at how the so called right allows this word smithing and also plays the game. "ASSAULT" rifles. A "firearm" cannot ASSAULT anyone. A person assaults! They are firearms not ASSAULT rifles. Quit letting the gov. choose and redefine our language! Just stop it! Stop being tools of the enemies of the U.S.!
By: Joe Newby
The Department of Homeland Security (DH is seeking to purchase up to 7,000 &ldquoersonal defense weapons” (PDW) -- the same rifles called "assault weapons" when owned by civilians, The Blaze reported Saturday.
The initial request was posted last June, but just recently came to light, Jason Howerton wrote.
According to Steve McGough of RadioViceOnline.com, DHS said the "select-fire" weapons are “suitable for personal defense use in close quarters.” The weapons sought by the DHS would be capable of semi-automatic and automatic fire and would be equipped with high-capacity 30-round magazines, the same type some want to see banned for use by civilians.
New York state Sen. Greg Ball, a Republican, addressed the request in a press released earlier this week.
“Now the Department of Homeland Security even agrees that these modern sporting firearms, made illegal by Governor Cuomo, are suitable for self defense," he said.
On Thursday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) introduced a sweeping gun control bill that would limit magazine capacity to ten rounds and ban the same basic weapon sought by Homeland Security.
"Critics of such a ban on semi-automatic rifles are already arguing that the government is showing its hypocrisy by essentially saying they are good 'personal defense' for them, but not for American citizens. When civilians own semi-automatic rifles, they somehow become 'assault weapons,'” Howerton wrote.
McGough also noted the hypocrisy in the government's request.
"If it is appropriate for law enforcement, why is it not appropriate for civilian use?" he asked, noting that select fire/automatic weapons "are generally not used in situations where you need accuracy; like for home defense."
Howerton says that while it's reasonable for Homeland Security to be armed with the tools it needs to keep Americans safe, some, like Sen. Feinstein, appare
Howerton says that while it's reasonable for Homeland Security to be armed with the tools it needs to keep Americans safe, some, like Sen. Feinstein, apparently do not think average citizens should be allowed to protect their families with the same kind of "personal defense" weapons.
Last Tuesday, two New York students scared off armed intruders with an empty AR-15 rifle.
- Rahm Emmanuel to major banks: Stop serving gun manufacturers
- Americans blame bad parenting, Hollywood for mass shootings over guns
- Communist Party USA backs Obama gun grab, calls Second Amendment ob...
- Bank of America to gun maker: 'We believe you should not be selling' on Internet
- Philadelphia fifth-grader searched, threatened, called a murderer o...
- NY Democrat begs Republican to keep gun confiscation proposal from public
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein admits: Goal of gun ban is to 'dry up' supply...
- Six-year-old suspended from school for making finger gun, saying 'pow'
- Five-year-old named terrorist threat, suspended after threat to sho...
- Thousands gather across nation to celebrate 'Gun Appreciation Day'
- Obama uses videos of children begging for gun control in campaign a...
- NRA more popular than President Obama, media silent
- MSNBC's Martin Bashir compares NRA to Hitler
- Liberal propaganda: Chris Matthews calls pro-gun conservatives segr...
- Marco Rubio: Obama doesn’t have the guts to admit he’s anti-Second ...
- Obama declares war on NRA, CBS obeys, compares group to Nazis
- Liberals, media engage in propaganda to demonize law-abiding gun ow...
- Ben Shapiro: Piers Morgan a bully standing on the graves of Sandy H...
- Petition demands FBI investigate Piers Morgan, CNN, for call to &lsquoo...