Painting by Anthony Freda: http://www.anthonyfreda.com/.Americans Becoming Increasingly Resentful of Skewed Government Policies
Polls show that – despite President Obama’s rhetorical skills – Americans don’t like his core policies.
This is not a partisan statement … Americans have come to despise both mainstream Democratic and mainstream Republican party policies.
- Believe by a 70 percent to 30 percent margin that big banks and corporations – rather than average Americans – have benefited most from Obama’s economic policies. 2 years ago, 74% thought that the bailouts helped Wall Street morethan the people
- Want to break up the big banks
- Overwhelmingly want the government to get tougher on prosecuting Wall Street fraud
- Oppose war against Syria (and see this). This is not as new or surprising as many believe: Americans have been sick and tired of war in the Middle East for years
- Oppose arming the Syrian rebels
- Hate the broad program of spying currently being conducted by the NSA and other government agencies
- Think that the government has gone way too far in the name of terrorism, and want our liberties restored
- Don’t believe the NSA
- Consider NSA leaker Edward Snowden to be a hero
- Don’t trust Obama to actually do anything to rein in spying
- Want the director of intelligence – James Clapper – prosecuted for perjury
- Overwhelmingly support label