Here is the first five of ten points of an article by Diana is about small changes we can make in our life. What are YOUR suggestions?
These tips are sneaky because you don’t have to actually restrict anything! You just add foods or change the way you eat. Pick out one or two that work with your lifestyle and have fun!
- Twenty minutes is the time it takes for your body to tell your brain that it has received nutrition.
- Nuts contain protein and good slimming fats.
2. Eat half a Grapefruit before each meal.
- Remember the trendy 80s diet involving gorging on grapefruit to lose tons of weight? It was highly restrictive.
- But, you can lose up to a pound a week by eating half a grapefruit before sensible meals!
3. Smelling food can trick your brain into thinking you’ve eaten.
- A study found those who inhaled peppermint scent every 2 hours ate 2,700 calories LESS per week than normal.
- That’s a fat loss of more than half a pound a week!
4. Brush your teeth.
- When you feel like you want to indulge in something not healthy, try brushing your teeth with mint-flavored toothpaste.
- You typically won’t feel like eating when there is a minty flavor in their mouth and toothpaste makes most foods taste bad.
5. Do not eat while watching TV.
- It increases your calories by 40 percent more than usual.
The Next Step:
If you are serious about addressing long term health or weight problems – it is often necessary to change unbalanced eating and lifestyle habits. Learn when it is best to detox.
This may sound like hard work but if you are exposed to even just one or two days a week of super healthy eating, your body naturally gravitates towards this.
That is what I teach in my one month courses. You get shopping lists, recipes, training and personal support for two days a week. Each week for one month you gain more skills and confidence and well-being.
My next course is focused around detoxing and weight loss and immune-strengthening for the fall and winter. Check out my Free Video Training on this topic.
Here is the link to the full article which the other 5 tips: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/10-sneaky-tips-to-help-you-lose-weight.html
I've already commented on that article, but thanks for sharing again.
Great tips Diana! I don't have a weight problem but I have friend who do so I am sending that link to them. Thank you.
Mine is really simple.... Drink 2 tblsp. apple cider vinegar, followed by a glass of water after each meal. This also helps to build the blood, and combats excess gas.
Ask your Doctor first, especially if you are on meds.
Ponder/Meditate/Pray for Peace.