START A PETITION 27,000,000 members: the world's largest community for good
This thread is archived. To reply to it you must re-activate it.
I need information. i need suport. January 31, 2013 3:47 PM

Almost two years ago my children were removed from my home because i was struggling with addiction while their father was in prison and they were placed with his parents. Shortly afterward he committed suicide. I sought help and did well for six months but unfortunately i relapse and they closed the case giving them custody but still leaving me with my parental rights. I have since gotten more intensive help and I am doing very well with nine months clean and sober and am actively involved in AA. I will eventually reopen my case to try to get my kids back but i want to make sure i have a stable home for them. I have always tried to be active in their life but the grandparents make it very difficult because they blame me for my husbands suicide. My dilemma right now is that all i ask for is to talk on the phone to them every other day and to see them once a week. She makes this very difficult and gives me a really hard time. She is taking very good care of the kids and for that i am grateful. I believe my kids need me and i also need them. Does anyone know anything about parental rights in Florida? does anyone have any idea where i can find out? I think I have a right to weekly visits per court order but she makes this very difficult for me and is very inconsistent. PLEASE HELP.

 [ send green star]  [ accepted]
  New Topic              Back To Topics Read Code of Conduct


This group:
Survivers of the Child Protective Systems
203 Members

View All Topics
New Topic

Track Topic
Mail Preferences