Ft. Hood gunman Maj. Nidal Hasan gave himself radical Muslim title on business cards
Originally Published:Thursday, November 12th 2009, 12:40 PM
Updated: Thursday, November 12th 2009, 5:46 PM
The blood-thirsty Army major accused of carrying out the Fort Hood massacre was charged Thursday with 13 counts of premeditated murder, officials said.
Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan will be eligible for the death penalty, if convicted.
The 39-year-old army psychiatrist will face justice in a military court, and prosecutors are expected to begin setting in motion the military equivalent of a grand jury.
Under the military system, Hasan's fellow Army officers will decide whether he is guilty of mass murder, and, if so, on his punishment. He would be put to death by lethal injection.
Underneath his name he listed himself as SoA (SWT), the report said.. SoA is commonly used on radical Web sites as the acronym for Soldier of Allah, according to investigators and experts, SWT is commonly used by Muslims as an acronym for Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala, Glory to God, ABC said.
Officials are weighing whether to charge Hasan with a fourteenth count of murder in connection with the death of a pregnant victim's unborn child.
Hasan was captured alive after the feds say he killed 13 people and wounded 42 others at the Texas army installation last week.
Armed with two handguns, Hasan opened fire inside a medical office waiting room packed with unarmed soldiers.
His rampage ended when he was wounded in a shootout with civilian cops.
FBI and Army investigators tried to interview Hasan on Sunday at a military hospital, but he refused and demanded a lawyer.
The nation's largest Army base was the scene of bloodshed and chaos as a disgruntled major shot his fellow soldiers, killing 13.
The massacre claimed the lives of 13 men and women, a diverse group united by their commitment to serving their nation.
Political correctness gets in the way of logic and there's no doubt in my mind that it was responsible for the Fort Hood incident. If you ask the average American if Hasan, the Fort Hood bomber, was a terrorist most would say yes without a doubt. If this guy had strapped a bomb on him and killed and injured the same number of people I wonder if President Obama and Janet Napolitano would then call him a terrorist.
Exactly, Dan. Of course if the shooter was named Timothy McVey or if one of the killed had a been an abortion doctor, the reaction of the White House & the MSM would be radically different!
OBAMA IS NOT GOING TO SAY ANYTHING,AGAINST ONE OF HIS OWN! HE IS ONE HIMSELF!!
There were so many warning signals about this guy that were either missed or like the 911 attacks - not put together ....
Unfortunately the CIA, military and other agencies do not have the backing of this administration and "political correctness' has become more important in America than protection of your citizens and truth .....
I hope 2010 and 2012 brings back some sanity to America ....
Northern I agree with your sentiment, but the root cause is fundamentally a failure of the American Intelligence community. A plethora of them in the past decade. From 9/11 to WMD to missed opportunities in the war on terror.
Hi Cam - Your statement - "Unfortunately the CIA, military and other agencies do not have the backing of this administration and "political correctness' has become more important in America than protection of your citizens and truth ....." is so right on.
The Obama administration's intent to create the GITMO circus in New York city is a way that they can put the Bush Administration and the CIA on trial. The GITMO factor is just a smoke screen to try to divert the attention of the American people...
Thank God the American people are more intelligent than Obama gives credit for.
The GITMO detainees were captured in other countries. How Obama/Holder would think that trying them in New York is going to fly, is any body's guess. It will be interesting to see how they plan to build their foundation to try these terrorists successfully in the United States.
I am hoping that somewhere there will be an "off button" to this Presidents actions of taking America apart one item at a time...
He is going to be using billions more of our tax dollars to bring these terrorists to the United States. I for one, am against it. I for one am not going to give him anymore of my money to do what he is doing to my country. I am against it. I will protest his actions by withholding my tax dollars.
He is in China as we speak to "beg" more money so that he can sink the United States even further in debt than he already has...
If he does get more money from the Chinese, you can bet it is going to be used to try the GITMO detainees. He is a beggar President and one who has no problems with throwing our hard earned dollars into his own personal "sweetheart deals"...
This post was modified from its original form on 16 Nov, 18:36