Volunteers for Beading Study Wanted April 16, 2012 7:42 AM
My name is Kristen and I'm a final year Occupational Therapy university student in Cardiff, Wales, UK.
I have enjoyed beading for over 10 years and decided to my hobby as a subject for my final year paper that I have to research and write. I've tried to get volunteers face to face and have been finding this difficult and now with a deadline fast approaching I'm beginning to panic. If you could spare 5 to 10 minutes of your time I would be forever thankful. The title of the paper is "An exploration of beading as a meaningful creative activity with adults."
All it involves is you answering some questions. The questions are...
1. Can you tell me what it was about the activity of beading that first drew you to it?
2. Can you describe how you feel when you engage in this activity
3. What would you say you get out of it?
4. How much time do you usually dedicate to this occupation (activity)?
5. What relevance does it play in your life?
6. How would you rate this activity on a scale of 1 to 5? 5 being extremely meaningful and 1 being of no value at all....
5 Extremely meaningful
4 Very meaningful
3 Moderately meaningful
2 Slightly meaningful
1 Of NO value at all
Demographic statistics (Voluntary but would help greatly)
Gender (please circle or indicate) Male Female
Age (please circle) 18 to 30 31 to 45 46 to 65 65+
Employment status (please circle) employed PT/FT, unemployed, Self Employed, Stay at home Parent, Voluntary work, Retired
That's all the questions.
I have a participants information sheet (also consent form for face to face volunteers) and I can email this to you or maybe post it in a separate message.
If you have any questions at all or wish to do this through email then my address is email@example.com
Thank you for reading this and I hope you can help.
[ send green star]