Nationwide Protest - Dec. 20th December 16, 2008 1:41 PM
Light Up The Night For Equality
ACTION ALERT: DECEMBER 20, 2008
WHAT IS LIGHT UP THE NIGHT FOR EQUALITY?
On December 20th, we ask that you join us again for a nation-wide demonstration that will make an impact on the private sector. Candlelight vigils will be held at commercial centers in cities across the country in vigil for the rights of 18,000 same-sex couples who married and look forward to the day when those rights are available again- for EVERYONE.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
* Please take to your local commercial district -- be it a shopping mall, outdoor financial center, you name it. Check your city page for the time and location of your event.
* This will be a peaceful demonstration in the spirit of the holidays.
* Dress alike. Wear the same t-shirts or signs pinned to your coats. You can make or buy a "2nd Class Citizen" t-shirt, but the message is optional. Learn more about why we suggest "2nd Class Citizen."
* This will be the culmination of our National Food Drive for Equality
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING?
* Hosting peaceful candlelight vigils
* We will stay silent unless asked a question, we will not yell, instigate, or bear signs. Instead, we will let our shirts do the talking and our candles pay our respects. Bring candles (battery powered if you'll be huddling inside).
* Singing and/or silence encouraged...chanting is not....keep it peaceful and in the holiday spirit.
Visit www.JointheImpact.wetpaint.com to find a location near you!!
[ send green star]