Equality Ohio September 20, 2006 12:53 PM
Visit Equality Ohio on MySpace! Almost 1500 friends and growing...
Add us as a friend!
Ohio Voter Registration Deadline is
1. TurnOUT Ohio Campaign Update - The TurnOUT Ohio plan has shifted into high gear and is expanding from Columbus to neighborhoods in Dayton, Cleveland/Akron,
Toledo/Bowling Green, and Athens. Volunteers across the state have already worked over 150 hours to turnout pro-equality voters on November 7! This is
the first statewide voter identification effort with the needs of LGBT Ohioans in mind and we need your help to pick up our momentum before Election Day!
Please consider volunteering your time because volunteers are the engine driving TurnOUT Ohio. Visit the
TurnOUT Ohio website.
Have a slightly outdated but still useful laptop? Don't trash it! We need laptops for volunteers doing data entry! Do you have an older laptop that runs
well and has at least Windows 98 and Microsoft Office Suite? Email Andrea at
if you’d like to donate (tax deductible!)
2. Candidate Endorsements - For the first time endorsements for Ohio public office were put forward by a statewide political action vommittee with the needs
of LGBT people and families in mind.
The Equality Ohio Campaign Fund (
a PAC, has endorsed the following candidates for state-level office in 2006:
List of 6 items
• Ted Strickland - Governor of Ohio
• Jennifer Brunner - Secretary of State
• Richard Cordray - Ohio Treasurer
• David Goodman - State Senator Dist. 3
• Dean Hernandez - State Representative Dist. 21
• Ted Celeste - State Representative Dist. 24
3. Save the Date! October Open House - Equality Ohio is celebrating our one year anniversary by opening our new home to YOU. Stop by our office anytime
between 1-5pm Sunday, October 1 or between 9am-5pm Monday, October 2. Meet the staff, tour the office, and enjoy light refreshments. Come celebrate this
milestone with us, we could not have reached it without you! Office location: 50 W. Broad St, Suite 1970, Columbus OH 43215. Look for future emails with
4. Job Opening: Administrative Manager - Equality Ohio is looking for a smart, passionate person to become an integral member of our team. This is a part-time
position with primary responsibility for designing and implementing many of our new office systems for reporting, billing, and administration. This position
requires a self-directed innovator with strong administrative and bookkeeping skills and the ability to think outside the box. If you are interested, please
send a letter of interest and resume to Lynne Bowman, Executive Director, at
Deadline for resumes is September 20.
5. New Grants Boost Programs - Three new grants will expand Equality Ohio's reach and programs. The Gill Foundation awarded Equality Ohio funds for capacity
building in the area of communications strategy. Human Rights Campaign recently provided funds to support the TurnOUT Ohio Campaign to reach and educate
Ohio voters. GLAAD has provided a grant for a short-term communications fellowship for one Ohio student. "We are excited to put these new dollars to work,"
said Lynne Bowman, Executive Director of Equality Ohio. "The generous support of these three national organizations will accomplish a lot for Ohio."
Only with your continued support is this work possible.
Donate to Equality Ohio today.
Pass this news on!
If you received this message from a friend, you can
sign up for Equality Ohio Action Center.
This message was sent to email@example.com. Visit your
subscription management page
to modify your email communication preferences or update your personal profile.
[ send green star]