Job Opp with Children's Cancer Group August 08, 2007 7:00 AM
Program Assistant Education: Bachelor (BA, BS, etc.)
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland, 20910, United States
Posted by: Children's Cause for Cancer Advocacy
Job Category: Administration
Job posted on: August 7, 2007
Area of Focus: Children and Youth, Foundations, Fundraising, and Philanthropy, Health and Medicine
Type: Full time
Last day to apply: August 31, 2007
Last updated: August 7, 2007
[ send green star]
The Children's Cause for Cancer Advocacy (CCCA) is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that works as a national catalyst to stimulate drug discovery and development for childhood cancers, to expand resources for research and treatment, and to address the needs and concerns of survivors.
CCCA seeks a self-starter interested in nonprofit world for a position of a Program Assistant. As a key member of CCCA’s growing team, the Program Assistant will support development and program staff in their wide portfolio of projects and will learn all aspects of nonprofit work necessary to grow as a nonprofit professional. The Program Assistant reports to the Development and Events Manager and will work closely with CCCA staff.
• Assist with planning and executing special events in support of the organization’s fundraising activities including invitation mailing, assistance with silent auctions and coordinating RSVP registration;
• Maintain the organization’s database;
• Assist with maintenance of website
• Assist with the execution of the organization’s direct mail fundraising appeals to individual donors;
• Prepare donor acknowledgements;
• Assist the Children’s Cause staff in planning and executing conferences for young adult childhood cancer survivors;
• General administrative support;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Impeccable attention to detail;
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills;
• Ability to juggle complex multiple priorities and to work independently;
• Facility with computer and internet technology; proficiency with Microsoft Office for Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Publisher, etc.), as well as internet navigation;
• Ability to travel 4-5 times per year.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to Eva Dillon, Children’s Cause for Cancer Advocacy: 301-565-9670. No phone calls please.