Cinderella's Women's Rights Forums2 January 31, 2008 10:17 AM
Welcome to Cinderella's Women's Rights Forums
we have seen an impressive age of the women movement, there are so many
that remain who have been subjugated or violated in ways unimaginable! I
have given Cinderella this forum, because she represents a supressed
woman who eventually beat the odds and found salvation. Though for many
of you, salvation does not come in the form of a handsome prince, there
are those who have been through hell and rose above the abuse! This
is a place of love and inspiration to honor those who have beaten those
odds and for those who are trapped within its clutches. There is a way
to freedom and there is a way to fight it! Place all alerts, requests
for help, petitions, inspiring stories of women you love~ or of
yourself and let's form a circle of unstoppable powerful women to end
[ send green star]
this was sent to me, I was told to forward it to my lady friends, but I
forwarded it to most everyone in my address book. My men friends have
female friends and this information is too important to miss someone.
Please pass it along and share it with your children.
group of rapists and date rapists in prison were interviewed on what
they look for in a potential victim and here are some interesting
1) The first thing men look for in a potential victim is hairstyle. They are most likely to go after a woman witha ponytail, bun, braid or other hairstyle that can easily be grabbed . They are also likely to go after a woman with long hair . Women with short hair are not common targets.
2) The second thing men look forisclothing. They will look for women who's clothing is ea sy to remove quickly . Many of them carry scissors around specifically to cut clothing.
3) They also look for women on their cell phone ,searching through their pu rse, or doing other activities while walking because they are off-guard and can be easily overpowered.
4) Men are most likely to attack & rape in the early morning, between 5: 00a.m. and 8:30a.m.
5) The number one place women are abducted from/attacked is grocery store parking lots . Number two: is office parking lots/garages. Number three: is public restrooms.
6) The thing about these men is that they are looking to grab a woman and quickly move her to another location where they don't have to worry about getting caught.
7) Only 2% said they carried weapons because rape carries a 3-5 year sentence but rape with a weapon is 15-20 years.
8) If you put up any kind of a fight at all, they get discouraged
because it only takes a minute or two for them to realize that going
after you isn't worth it because it will be time-consuming.
9) These men said they would not pick on women who have umbrellas , or other similar objects that can be used from a distance, in their hands.
Keys are not a deterrentbecause
you have to get really close to the attacker to use them as a weapon.
So, the idea is to convince these guys you're not worth it.
10) Several defense mechanisms he taught us are: If someone is following behind you on a street or in a garage or with you in an elevator or stairwell, look them in the face and ask them a question , like what time is it, or make general small talk: 'I can't believe it is so cold out here,' 'we're in for a bad winter.' Now you've seen their face and could ident ify them in a line-up; you lose appeal as a target. 11) If someone is coming toward you , hold out your hands in front of you and yell STOP or
[ send green star]