"Encouraging change through creativity."
Northampton, MA, USA
female, age 35
Joined Sep 7, 2008
What I Want to Do:
against factory farms,
Same Sex Marriage,
Protect America's Forests,
Indigenous Peoples Rights,
Freedom of Expression,
Things I'm Doing to Creat a Sustainable Life...
- Recyling everything possible
- Composting all food and lawn scraps
- Using dirty paper towels, wood scraps, dirty cardboard scraps for kindling instead of tossing it (we have a wood stove).
- All bulbs have been switched to CFLs
- Appliances that don't need to be on all the time are plugged into power strips that are turned off when we don't need them.
- Wash all clothes and towels in cold water
- Hang dry clothes
- Buying locally grown and organic food from the Farmer's Market and Co-Ops
- Started telecommuting two days a week for work instead of driving, saving 185 miles every week.
- Collect paper and container recycling at work
- Repair torn clothing instead of throwing it away or using really beat clothing for cleaning rags
- Buy clothing, books and other odds and ends from the Salvation Army and tag sales
- Buy used items from Craigslist
- Painted our house with Harmony Zero-VOC paint
- Insulated our attic with recycled cotton insulation
- Insulated all of our hot water pipes and hot water tank to save energy
- Buy only recycled toilet paper and paper towels
- Buy organic food whenever possible
- Bought a natural latex bed (barely used) from Craigslist! (cheaper and saves on materials)
- Use organic cotton bed sheets and blankets.
- Use rain barrels to collect water for watering plants
- Grow some of our own food
- Do free donation clicks every day! And play JoGoGreen.com
- My fiancé David drives a diesel run on locally made biodiesel.
- I drive a fuel efficient used small car (though when that dies, I want to get whatever best fuel-efficient model is out)
- Eat a vegan diet
- Installed water-saver faucet caps and shower heads
- Use tank banks in our toilet tanks to save water
- More to come as I think of them!
||Sep 7, 2008
||Support a Cause, Other
|Group Host of
Stop Global Death and Destruction
March 04, 1982
||I make my living designing web sites. But, my passions include creating music, art, jewelry, sewing, and other visual and audio projects. My fiancé and I are working to make our home and lives carbon neutral and earth friendly. It is a slow process, but we are doing it step by step. We are working on a music project together that we hope to inspire and spread a message with. My goal is to create beautiful and inspiring things that pass on a message about the change we need to see in the world. I am working to discover more each day what this will be...
||Introduce yourself to Victoria
Spiritual but not religious
Whole grains and veggies,
Chocolate - Lots of it,
LOTS OF TEA,
lots of water,
|Wild Fact About Me
||I've been to every state in the US except Alaska.
||Live and let live. Be mindful. Enjoy life. Enjoy each other. Be aware that every action has an affect. Never forget your dreams.
|What Gives Me Hope
||People like you who care.
|If I were Mayor, I'd make the world a better place by
||Initiate a bold plan for alternative energy.
|What/who changed my life and why
||Every event changes your life in big ways and small.
|What Bugs Me
|What Scares Me
Losing the ones I love,
George W. Bush,
||The frog does not drink up the pond in which he lives.
Vegetarian / Vegan,
The Silver Wolf by Alice Borchardt,
Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse,
Ishmael by Daniel Quinn,
Thich Nhat Hanh
The Moon and the Night Spirit,
Clan of Xymox,
Faith and the Muse,
dead can dance,
The Dark Crystal,
Bram Stoker's Dracula,
Lord of the Rings,
The Neverending Story,
The Princess Bride
|Can't Live Without
||Introduce yourself to Victoria
It's easy to embed a video hosted by one of the following sites on your
MyPage. Simply add the URL of the video you want to share, from one of
• Google Video
• MySpace Videos
Hit the "edit" button on the "My Video"
module. and add the URL of the video you want to share. Not
sure what the URLs look like? Here are examples from each of the