Good day or evening to all,
i am a 21 year old women legaly married in a catholic church to an american citizen. we have a 9 month old daughter. this means alot to me, please forward it to everyone you can.
on june 24th 2006 my husband, his friend (also american), my daughter and i were planning on going into the united states because my husband had just been offered a great job opportunity, and i wanted to visit.
I being canadien had all my documentation and even a police record from 2 days earlier stating that i dont have a criminal record. when we arrived at the border we were asked to park and step inside the office we waited our turn.
they asked us questions on where we were going so my husband sayed he and his friend were going home and i, his wife, was going to visit him for the summer. the border took 2 hours to finaly refuse me. i got realy emotional for i had a bad feeling of this from the beginning but this isnt where the story begins. the officer told us that we need to file a I-130 and when my husband has a car in his name and a job and the I-130 receipt to come back. okay i admit i am bit of a reck when it means i lose the one i love for some time and i was deeply hurt by all this. i brought all the proof of money i have and every governement statement and my appartment lease as well so that time i left crying and an emotional reck .
on august 1st we came back with the car the job and the recipt for the I-130. the same officer as we had on june 24th was our officer this day as well. he didnt treat me with respect nor intergrity. he didnt listen to what i had to say, and this time he sayd because we filed for the I-130 that we have a bigger problem for i was now a potential immigrant, and that because i moved with family members and had no personal lease, but a proof of residence that it wasnt reconized by them as proof i have a home or ties to canada. i had to get a new apartment and pay for everything that goes with it even while i vist the U.S .
but what ticked me off so bad was that that same officer made us get a form I-130 and pay the fee and wait 6 weeks for the recipt just for him to reject us once more. well this was the final draw. he then sayd "if i was to let you enter the united states, we fear you will violate the ability to file for permanent residence (which is the process the i-130 starts) by staying in the united states since your already there, and not file for the rest of the papers." (not exact words). ALSO, if you take the time to look at the section about the i-130 on the uscis website, it is clearly stated that a wife and child of the petitioner DO NOT have to wait for a visa number to be available for them to enter the United States.
This is what i am complaning against
1. canadiens dont need pasports and have no visitors visa offered to them at the border but most other ethnics races do.
2. i wasnt treated fairly they made assumptions of me.
3. they judged my financial capacity and said my husband was unemployed even though he was hired by a good company, but hadnt officially started til a later week.
4. i feel harassed by the border officer he didnt treat me with respect or integrity and didnt listen to what i had to say.
5. the border officer lied and set us up, making us buy useless peice of paper (the i-130) that kept me apart from my husband longer than first planed, which now he stated that because we applied for it, i am a potencial immigrant and have even bigger problems. as stated before, the i-130 starts the permanent residence process, which isnt even what we wanted, but he told us we needed.
6. the border officer tryed to twist his words while he and my husband and the officer boss were talking in the privat room, making up more excuses and changing what he had previously stated at our last attempt to enter the USA, which my husband caught him on and pointed out to him, making him change his words again.
7. he did not offer us any papers of which we could file and pay for right then and there for an extended stay paper, which would have been one of the documents we would be violating if we did not apply for... basically, he didnt offer any assistance or papers as they are supposed to at the border.
an offended Canadian and her American Husband
* I am posting this for my sis and brother-in-law, and the most wonderful little girl. I hope that she will get a little justice out of this *