"To live a clean, productive, cruelty-free and environmentally responsible lifestyle."
Clearwater, FL, USA
married, 3 children
Joined Jul 9, 2010
Equal Rights for All,
Fair Trade Practices,
Protection of Endangered Species,
Single-Payer Health Care,
sculpting and carving,
painting and illustration,
animal rights activisim,
My Page Billboard
My nickname is Caili (pronounced Kaylee). I'm a social liberal, environmentalist and vegan. I'm active in a variety of causes ranging from animal rights, environmental conservation and sustainability to social and economic equality. I am always looking for ways to help make a difference in the world, so I regularly share information and statistics to help further knowledge and understanding of those causes I support.
** NOTE: My butterfly reward numbers are greatly inaccurate, as completed rewards started disappearing from my account a year ago. That's why there is such a large discrepancy between credits earned and rewards listed. I have reported this problem multiple times without ever receiving a response. While I continue to be semi-active here, I am not nearly as active as I once was. I can better spend my time working on real-world activities where I know that I can make a difference.
||Jul 9, 2010
||Meeting Friends, Professional Connections, Support a Cause, Other
|Group Host of
Complete Guide to Backyard Gardening, Defenders of Wildlife, Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund - Electing Pro-Wildlife Leaders, Dog Lovers, Earth Day, Global Alliance to Ban GMOs, GreenWeb.org Group, Greenpeace, Healthy Cooking, PRRA - People for the Rights and Respect of Animals, Rainforest Action, Saving Big Cats, The Garden Center, The Nature Conservancy (TNC) more »
||I'm a strong supporter of a variety of charitable causes - particularly animal rights, human rights, equality and the environment, so I am always looking for ways to help make a difference. By nature, I'm highly creative and artistic, but also have a strong thirst for knowledge. I enjoy sharing that knowledge with others and helping others along, whenever possible. At the same time, I absorb as much as I can from others and believe that learning is a life-long pursuit. After all, with knowledge, comes the power to effect change and make a difference. Every day brings a new experience and opportunity to do something worth while. That is something to which I always look forward.
||Introduce yourself to Andrea
Diverse organic plant-based diet,
Gluten-free due to gluten sensitivity
|Wild Fact About Me
||Working on global sustainable development goals and other initiatives to benefit the environment, economy, animals and society.
||The only voice that cannot be heard is the one that is not exercised. Do so with compassion and conviction, because change is only within our grasp when we lead with thoughtfulness and conviction in our beliefs.
|What Gives Me Hope
||The potential for change.
|If I were Mayor, I'd make the world a better place by
||1. End offshore drilling, GMO's and animal farming practices.
2. Ensure that animal rights are protected.
3. Create stiff penalties for corporate practices that harm health, violate animal and human rights and damage the environment.
4. Make climate mitigation and adaptation a global priority.
5. Work to end global poverty and inequality globally through economic, social and environmental sustainable development goals.
6. Ensure that all workers have access to a living wage and that wage equity among genders, races and gender identities is established.
8. End corporate welfare and ensure that corporations do not act out of self interests in ways that harm people, animals or the environment.
9. Create incentives for both corporations and small businesses that lead the way in renewable energy innovations, while safeguarding the environment and the interests of the public.
10. Reinvest in American small businesses to create jobs and penalize corporations that send more than 25% of their jobs overseas.
11. Establish a universal health care system in the United States.
12. Look for peaceful solutions to our world's problems.
13. Create sensible and reasonable gun laws, while working to improve mental health care in the US.
|What/who changed my life and why
||My family, because they fully support & encourage me in everything that I do.
|What Bugs Me
a birds song,
perserverance and determination,
the sounds of ocean waves rolling in,
the sun setting over the ocean,
the beauty of nature
|What Scares Me
Anthropogenic climate change,
cruelty . hatred . intolerance,
apathy . greed . selfishness . neglect
Those who stand up for what's right
||"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle
"Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced" ~ Kierkegaard
Vertical garden design,
Organic vegan gardening,
Yoga and meditation,
Wildlife Conservation and Habitats,
Coastal and Ocean Science,
art . photography . other,
Celtic and Chinese history/culture,
fantasy and science fiction
Instrumental: Nature Sounds,
Instrumental: Chinese (ehru and guqin),
the Vampire Diaries,
NCIS: Los Angeles,
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Homemade vegan Alfredo,
Seasoned tempeh and tofu,
Homemade fruit salsa,
Bean burrito bowls,
Sweet potatoes &,
Organic plant based foods
My zen garden room,
Anywhere near the ocean,
San Francisco CA,
Victoria Coast (Australia),
Melbourne - VIC (Australia)
|Can't Live Without
a plant-based diet,
computer and internet
||Introduce yourself to Andrea