My nickname, Caili (pronounced Kaylee), is a shortened form of my name. It comes from the Gàidhlig word acail, which means Eagle. The eagle, leader of all creatures in the air, is a symbol of creativity, intelligence, courage and understanding. If you get to know me at all, you will discover that it describes me fairly well.
** NOTE: My butterfly reward numbers are not accurate. For some reason, my pounds of carbon offset recently took a large drop and then stopped working correctly. I am continuing to offset carbon, but each time I do another offset, my amount listed actually decreases even further. Someone please fix this! *sigh*
I'm a strong supporter of a variety of charitable causes and am always looking for ways to help make a difference. I'm highly creative and artistic, but also have a strong thirst for knowledge. I enjoy sharing that knowledge with others and helping others along, whenever possible. At the same time, I absorb as much as I can from others and believe that learning is a life-long pursuit. After all, with knowledge, comes the power to effect change and make a difference. Every day brings a new experience and opportunity to do something worth while. That is something to which I am always look forward.
The only voice that cannot be heard is the one that is not exercised. Do so with compassion and conviction, because change is only within our grasp when we lead with thoughtfulness and convince others to join us in our efforts.
What Gives Me Hope
The potential for change.
If I were Mayor, I'd make the world a better place by
1. End offshore drilling, GMO's and factory farming practices.
2. Create stiff penalties for corporate practices that harm human health, violate human rights and damage the environment.
3. Create incentives for both corporations and small businesses that lead the way in renewable energy innovations.
4. Reinvest in American small businesses to create jobs and penalize corporations that send more than 25% of their jobs overseas.
5. Establish a universal health care system in the United States.
6. Look for peaceful solutions to our world's problems.
7. Create sensible and reasonable gun laws and work to improve mental health in the US.
What/who changed my life and why
My family. They love me for who I am, support me in my decisions and want the best for me.