START A PETITION34,000,000 members: the world's largest community for good

B Corporations: A Better Way to Do Business

B Corporations: A Better Way to Do Business

Almost two years ago, Care2 became a B Corporation, joining a handful of other companies with the distinguished “B” certification.

Today, there are over 300 B Corporations – all have committed to a better way to do business. Each certified B Corporation has had to meet high standards of social and environmental performance and all are making a difference every day by strengthening local communities and protecting the environment.

We want to help get the word out, so starting this week we’re launching our participation in a new marketing campaign with B Lab, the good folks behind the B Corporation certification. You can read about some great fellow B Corps on ourTrailblazers for Good blog and you’ll be seeing some new ads on the Care2 site featuring B Corps we think you’ll like.

I believe business is one of the most powerful forces on the planet – and business that truly do good can be some of the most powerful forces to help create a more sustainable, just and healthy world. Companies that carry the B Corp logo are working to achieve this same vision.

Here are a few B Corporations working to make a difference:

  • Barkwheats wants to change the way people think about dog biscuits and kibble. They are not only a B Corp, but also Fair Trade certified. 95% of the ingredients they use comes from local sources and the other 5% comes from other Fair Trade sources. The packaging they use is also 100% compostable.
  • The team at Recyclebank has built a business on rewarding people for doing good. By placing microchips in recycle bins, they are able to track and reward points to households that recycle. The points can be used at over 2,000 different businesses.
  • Give Something Back is an office supply company that we use at Care2 since they offer green and recycled products and also believe in giving back to the community.

I hope that you’ll check out these companies and the other 300+ B Corporations who are using the power of business to solve social and environmental problems.

To see comments previously left on this post, click here.

Read more: , , , ,

Recent stories from Care2 Team Blog: My First TimeThe Key to Spreading the Word on Facebook, from a ProHow #BlackLivesMatter Turned Suzanne Into an Online AdvocateFor Activists, A Photo is Worth More Than 1,000 ChantsHow to Get Your Happy Ending: The Role of Storytelling in Activism

77 comments

Jonathan Harper
Jonathan Harper23 days ago

Noted!

Jonathan Harper
Jonathan Harper26 days ago

NOTED!

Jonathan Harper
Jonathan Harper2 months ago

Noted!

Jonathan Harper
Jonathan Harper2 months ago

Noted!

Jonathan Harper
Jonathan Harper2 months ago

Noted!

Jonathan Harper
Jonathan Harper3 months ago

Noted!

Jonathan Harper
Jonathan Harper3 months ago

Noted!

Jim Ven
Jim Ven5 months ago

thanks for the article.

Jim Ven
Jim Ven5 months ago

thanks for the article.

Erika Acosta
Erika Acosta7 months ago

Thanks

Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.

about Randy Paynter

Randy Paynter is the Founder & CEO of Care2 - a social network of more than 30 million standing together for good. Randy holds an AB from Harvard and an... more

ads keep care2 free
ads keep care2 free



Select names from your address book   |   Help
   

We hate spam. We do not sell or share the email addresses you provide.

New to Care2? Start Here.