Care2 has reached an important milestone — our 20 millionth member has just joined! We are now the largest social network for civil rights activists, environmentalists, and advocates of healthy, sustainable living.
Care2 Founder and CEO Randy Paynter shares his gratitude with Care2′s millions of dedicated members, some of whom have been making a difference at Care2 for over a decade. ”It’s amazing how much we’ve grown, and entirely through organic, word-of-mouth promotion. Thanks to our members, Care2 has become a major hub of social good, where people feel engaged and empowered to make this a better world.”
A major part of Care2 is its petition site at http://www.thepetitionsite.com, which was launched 12 years ago and only one month ago surpassed a whopping 100 million petition signings. But Care2 is much more than an online petition site. It is a multidimensional, holistic community of people taking action every day in ways large and small, personal and social, to improve their lives.
Here is a sample of the incredible ways that Care2 and its members have made a difference:
- Over our 14-year history, Care2 members have taken over 425 million actions to make the world a better place.
- As the pioneer and leader in the field of online donor lead generation tailored to nonprofits, Care2 has helped nonprofits to raise an estimated $150 million dollars from donors who were recruited by Care2 from among its millions of members.
- With the help of Bahamas National Trust, Care2 banned commercial shark fishing in the Bahamas and turned the country’s 240,000 square miles of ocean into a marine sanctuary.
- Thanks to more than 75,000 member signatures, Care2 helped ban the poisonous chemical BPA in baby bottles and sippy cups.
- Care2 called on President Obama to enact a national plan to address Alzheimer’s Disease, released in May 2012.
- Celebrity supermodels Katie Cleary and Joanna Krupa achieved and personally delivered over 140,000 signatures on their Care2 Petition to stop the Kardashians from selling fur in their Calabasas, CA store.
- Because of the overwhelming response to her Care2 petition, concerned parent Shannan Nelson forced fast-food giants to stop using pink slime in their food.
- Care2′s Butterfly Rewards program, members’ comments, eCards and other site activities have sponsored numerous rewards for worthwhile non-profits, including more than 14,000 meals given to schools in need and over the planting of more than 134,000 trees.
- Through Care2′s free “Click to Donate” program, members’ daily clicks have sponsored 16 children, some since 2004 through Children International.
- Care2′s science, politics and health bloggers have provided over 15,000 solutions for living a greener, more sustainable lifestyle.
- Care2′s 16 cause channels have become an “ecosystem for activism” that attracts millions of readers and many thousands of comments each month; they are one of the top blogs on the Internet for people who want to learn about causes and get involved in them.
The victories truly belong to our members, and our team looks forward to even greater accomplishments in the near future!
To celebrate this great milestone, we are announcing a prize giveaway! We will give twenty lucky members 100,000 Butterfly Rewards! To be eligible in this contest, you must log in to Care2.com or ThePetitionSite.com at least once within one week of this announcement and you will automatically be entered into the contest. Winners will be announced via email and on this blog.
The entire Care2 team thanks you for your continued support!