6. Talk To Her – Cats love to talk, so don’t be afraid to get vocal. Keep your voice soft and talk with her whenever you get the chance. Even if she doesn’t seem phased by your chatter, she’s definitely listening. Reinforcing her name whenever you pet her, feed her and play with her is the best way to connect and familiarize her with your voice and call.
7. Brush Her – Just like humans, cats love being pampered. Try to spend a little time each day gently brushing her with a soft brush while you praise her. Not all cats will welcome the brush, so be cautious and stop if she is looking annoyed.
8. Play With Her – Nurturing her inner kitten with play time will provide hours of fun and strengthen your parent-child bond. From a piece of string to a toilet paper roll, cats find pleasure in the simplest things.
9. Special Treats – Discovering what treats your new kitty has a soft spot for is a great way to help you bond. Be adventurous as you never know what might take her fancy. When she feels brave enough to eat in your presence, be sure to praise her as this is a massive achievement.
10. Let Her Sleep With You – Cats LOVE sleeping on beds. Some people will disagree with me, but I believe that we should let our feline friends snuggle up with us come night time if they so please. Nothing will seal the deal faster than the closeness of your warmth and comfort of your bed!
The fastest way to form a strong and everlasting bond with your new kitty is to spend as much time as possible with her, even if that just means being present.
Never force your new rescue cat to do anything she doesn’t want to. Have patience and try to understand that this is an overwhelming change for her. Before you know it, you’ll be best friends forever.
Photo Credit: MsSaraKelly
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.