Editor’s Note: In June, the New Leaders Council named their “40 under 40” — a group exemplifying “the spirit of political entrepreneurship.” Below are guest posts from a handful of those recently crowned “40″, who were kind enough to take time from their busy schedules, to share some of their wisdom with us.
- Stephanie Schriock, President of Emily’s List wonders if this could actually be “the year of the Republican woman.”
- Amanda Terkel, Deputy Research Director and Managing Editor of the Center for American Progress‘ blog “Think Progress”, on the birth – and growth – of the blog.
- Tracy Van Slyke, Project Director at The Media
Consortium, on building a strong progressive media network — and why we need one.
- Dr. Amy Gershkoff, co-founder and CEO of Changing Targets Media, on launching and running a small business.
- Erin Switalski, Executive Director of Women’s Voices for the Earth, on women and environmental issues.
- Michael Brune, Executive Director of the Sierra Club. Michael shares with us the huge potential we have to make the next two decades, the best years of our lives.
photo credit: thanks to techxplorerphotos for the picture of a blue lotus, which symbolizes wisdom