Care2 Members Share Their New Year’s Resolutions (And Non-) Page 11
We have some thoughtful, committed people here in the Care2 community – which is no surprise. Take a look – and post yours! We’ll start a brand new page when we get around ten more! This is page 11.
· Yesterday we were scared from what will happen at 2000, they said computers might not cope with 000 , days passed quickly with its different events,violence,killing,wars,global worming threats,so many bad things occur …and few good thinks happened.
· Now we are in 2010…we still alive, and in the past years:so many died, so many killed, so many became disabled, so many get married ,so many become grandfathers and grandmothers,children became youth …life circle pass and many do not feel…
· Let us live few minutes of what we have done in the past years at least in the past year…
· We should not think of ourselves only we are a part of the world, and there is a lot of suffering…
· Let us plan what we will do for humanity, for children and elderly” one day we will be so”, for envirnment, for poor people for homeless, for creatures and global warming threats…etc
· lets remember what good things we did if did any and what bad things we did if we did sure we did…let us balance that, think how old are you multiply it with 365 days and figure out sum of things done…so many, so many…
· Lets decide to do good things for ourselves and others…Let us pray requesting that we will do the good things before we die…one day we will be dead …then are we going to Hell or to Heaven … let us do and pray fire will eat us…
· “When the well is dry, we learn the worth of water.” – Benjamin Franklin
Sylvia Foidl said it for me, and probably better than I could. I just want to add that I must throw myself deeply into my own creativity, developing it to the inth degree. I also want to wish every member a glorious New Year and new decade. Let’s give it all we’ve got! Onward and upward!
I have one resolution to make. I’m a chatterbox by nature, so I’ll try to keep always silent, unless I’m explicitly asked to talk. Otherwise I won’t even make phone calls (unless on business) and when I’m at a party, I’ll just sip at my beer and shake my head, as one of my friends does. (Of course, I’ll have to talk at work, because I’m an academic teacher.)
4. Robert B. says Jan 2, 2010 9:16 AM
- To continue to stand up to ignorance, stupidity and bullies.
- 2- To create more art this year.
- 3- To appreciate my family and friends and not to take them for granted.
- 4- To live my life based on knowledge, love, compassion and common sense.
- 5- To always remember that there is always more to a story than meets the eye.
- 6- To always think before speaking (or typing:)”
- 7- To try to leave this world in better condition before I die.
- 8- To volunteer more.
- 9- To fight for animal welfare.
- 10- To fight for the environment.
- It’s going to be a BUSY YEAR! :)
try to see the positive side (if there is one) of my son-in-law:)
· -To be more assertive with my life. Be more independent and not fearful and lazy.
· -To be more spiritual and meditate often.
· -To not search for love but to embrace it when it comes into my life.
· -To participate in more environmental and community organizations and activities.
· -To open my mind more.
Holidays come and go, and they don’t make much of an impression on me. But I try, day to day, to use my experiences to grow. My latest resolution is to refuse to allow my ego the upper hand. I choose to remain calm, with an open mind, no matter what happens to me. I refuse to get angry, or to lash out at those who disagree with me. I choose to be a part of the solution, instead of being part of the problem. I invite all who read this to join me in leaving negativity behind.
I want to dupicate M.W #4
Organize & keep organized my sewing room
It is my hub & if that is neat everything else will fall into place for me.
I wish to meditate to develop gratitude and joy, for my own sake, but also to spread it around me. I know so much about loss and despair, surely I can let go of all that fills me with grief, loss and despair and move on to greater heights. Bless you all at Care 2, with a little extra for animal lovers!
Let all of us think and act to protect our environment, fight poverty and ensure basic health.