Join the Army of Women and Blog for Your Breasts
We all know what the pink ribbons mean and we’ll see them in abundance during October, the 25th anniversary of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
This October also marks the two-year anniversary of the Love/Avon Army of Women.
One Million Strong (featuring Susan Sarandon) – Love/Avon Army of Women Public Service Announcement:
The Love/Avon Army of Women makes it easy to get information about and to participate in the research that will unlock the mysteries of breast cancer. Research will result in answers, but volunteers are the key.
With a recruitment goal of ONE MILLION WOMEN, we have a lot of blogging to do.
October 1 is the official Army of Women Blog For Your Breasts Day and bloggers everywhere are taking part in spreading the word about The Army of Women initiative. If you have a blog, please help the cause by writing about the Army of Women and informing your readers how easy it is to become involved in moving breast cancer research forward.
Don’t have a blog? Get those keyboards humming anyway.
- Post on Facebook or other social networking sites.
- Submit a post to someone else’s blog.
- Join the Army of Women and invite others to join.
Some important things to keep in mind about the Army of Women:
- All women, anywhere in the world, who are over age 18 are welcome to join the Army, whether you have had breast cancer or not.
- Men get breast cancer, too… and are also encouraged to join the Army.
- There is no cost to you.
- You are not required to notify your health care providers or insurers. Your insurer does not need to approve your participation, nor will they be given information about findings from the studies in which you participate.
- All researchers who recruit from the Army of Women agree to follow the strict confidentiality guidelines enforced nationwide by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
The Army of Women needs Foot Soldiers — are you ready to join?
Related reading on Care2
Image courtesy photoxpress.com