If we want technological growth, lots of the folks in this room are essential. That’s why they joined the President (center, right side) for dinner Thursday night in Silicon Valley.
- John Doerr, partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Carol Bartz, president and CEO, Yahoo!
- John Chambers, CEO and chairman, Cisco Systems
- Dick Costolo, CEO, Twitter
- Larry Ellison, co-founder and CEO, Oracle
- Reed Hastings, CEO, NetFlix
- John Hennessy, president, Stanford University
- Steve Jobs, chairman and CEO, Apple (on one side of the President)
- Art Levinson, chairman and former CEO, Genentech
- Eric Schmidt, chairman and CEO, Google
- Steve Westly, managing partner and founder, Westly Group
- Mark Zuckerberg, founder, president and CEO, Facebook (on the other side of the President)
Here’s a list from ZD net, courtesy of SearchEngineLand, of who might have been there but wasn’t.
- Sam Palmisano, CEO of IBM
- Leo Apotheker, CEO of HP
- Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon
- Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft
- Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce.com
- Paul Otinelli, CEO of Intel
SearchEngineLand alsolists the political contributions of those who were in the room. You won’t be surprised at the correlation. Even so – seems sensible for these folks to work together to improve our future workforce and prospects, no?
the White House