Obama, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg and the other Guys (and ONE Woman) at Dinner
If we want technological growth, lots of the folks in this room are essential. That’s why they joined the President (center, right side) for dinner Thursday night in Silicon Valley.
- John Doerr, partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Carol Bartz, president and CEO, Yahoo!
- John Chambers, CEO and chairman, Cisco Systems
- Dick Costolo, CEO, Twitter
- Larry Ellison, co-founder and CEO, Oracle
- Reed Hastings, CEO, NetFlix
- John Hennessy, president, Stanford University
- Steve Jobs, chairman and CEO, Apple (on one side of the President)
- Art Levinson, chairman and former CEO, Genentech
- Eric Schmidt, chairman and CEO, Google
- Steve Westly, managing partner and founder, Westly Group
- Mark Zuckerberg, founder, president and CEO, Facebook (on the other side of the President)
Here’s a list from ZD net, courtesy of SearchEngineLand, of who might have been there but wasn’t.
- Sam Palmisano, CEO of IBM
- Leo Apotheker, CEO of HP
- Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon
- Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft
- Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce.com
- Paul Otinelli, CEO of Intel
SearchEngineLand alsolists the political contributions of those who were in the room. You won’t be surprised at the correlation. Even so – seems sensible for these folks to work together to improve our future workforce and prospects, no?
the White House