The statistics are frightening.
From UN GIFT, the facts:
An estimated 2.5 million people are in forced labor (including sexual exploitation) at any given time as a result of trafficking.
* 1.4 million – 56%- are in Asia and the Pacific
* 250,000 – 10% – are in Latin America and the Caribbean
* 230,000 – 9.2% – are in the Middle East and Northern Africa
* 130,000 – 5.2 % – are in sub-Saharan countries
* 270,000 – 10.8% – are in industrialized countries
* 200,000 – 8% – are in countries in transition
STOP THE TRAFFIK is a growing global movement of individuals, communities and organizations fighting to PREVENT the sale of people, PROTECT the trafficked and PROSECUTE the traffickers.
If you still need convincing, check out this video:
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.
Problem on this page? Briefly let us know what isn't working for you and we'll try to make it right!