Monsanto pours millions of dollars into campaigns to buy the support of governments and farmers and even children. They claim only their genetically modified seeds can save the world’s growing population from hunger.
Care2′s bloggers have taken them to task for
- the escape of GMO canola into wild plants
- buying the research firm that blamed them for bee deaths
- targeting kids with a pro-GMO coloring book
- developing a sweet corn that will not be labeled GMO
- causing a root fungus with their Roundup pesticide
The list goes on. (See Related Care2 Stories below.) The Union of Concerned Scientists has had enough. They are taking the gloves off and going after Monsanto with a campaign that shouts: “Monsanto Fails at Improving Agriculture.”
The three ads strike Monsanto where the company makes its loudest claims. Take a look at the ads on this and the next two page. Then go to the UCS Web site and help them “Set the Record Straight on Monsanto.” They don’t have Monsanto’s marketing budget, but they have the concern of people around the world who care and are ready to speak out.
#1: More Herbicide + Fewer Butterflies = Better Seeds?
#2: A Bumper Crop of Superweeds
#3: All Wet on Drought Tolerance
Related Care2 Stories