Acid is for Your Car Battery..…Not Your Body!
The principle of acid/alkalinity helped me regain my health more than anything else in my entire 39 years of looking for answers. I discovered this 15 years ago, and it changed my health totally. Doing this one simple thing will solve many of your nutritional worries.
Read about the dangers of being too acid and how you can find that balance by changing your diet.
10 Benefits of Having a Balanced Body pH:
- Skin more elastic, youthful
- Deeper more restful sleep
- Abundant physical energy
- Suffer from fewer colds, headaches, flu viruses
- Good digestion
- Less arthritis
- Reduction of candida (yeast) overgrowth
- Won’t support osteoporosis
- Increased mental acuity, mental alertness
- Legal natural high
Did you know that the water fish swim in needs to be the correct pH in to live? Also, plants flourish when the soil is at the right pH level. Life only exists where there’s balance, and your body is totally regulated by pH! Are you too acidic?
Check Out This List of Symptoms of Being Too Acidic
1. Digestive issues:
- Excess stomach acid
- Acid reflux
- Saliva acidic
2. Unhealthy Skin, Nails and Hair:
- Nails are thin and break easily
- Dry skin
- Cracks at the corners of the lips
- Hair is dull with split ends, and falls out
- Very pale face
3. Teeth and Mouth Issues:
- Loose teeth
- Teeth sensitive to hot, cold, or acidic foods
- Teeth have a tendency to crack or chip
- Sensitive gums
- Mouth ulcers
- Infections in throat and tonsils
- Tooth nerve pain
4. Eyes, Head and General Body:
- Low body temperature (feels cold)
- Tendency to get infections
- Leg cramps and spasms
- Eyes tear easily, conjunctivitis, inflammation of the eyelids and corneas
5. Nerves and Emotions:
- Low energy; constant fatigue
- Being continually depressed with a loss of joy and enthusiasm
- Excessive nervousness
• A seven-year study conducted at the University of California, San Francisco, on 9,000 women showed that those who have chronic acidosis are at greater risk for bone loss than those who have normal pH levels. Many of the hip fractures among middle-aged women are connected to high acidity caused by a diet rich in animal foods and low in vegetables. - American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
• “The countless names of illnesses do not really matter. What does matter is that they all come from the same root cause…too much tissue acid waste in the body!” – Dr. Theodore A. Baroody in his remarkable book Alkalize or Die
• “Immune cells that are too acid or too alkaline do not produce antibodies or cytokines (chemical messengers to regulate other immune cells), and they have impaired phagocytosis (the ability to engulf and destroy microbes). As a result, the affected individual becomes susceptible to viral, bacterial, fungal and other infectious microbes as well as cancer,” says Dr. William Lee Cowden
Acid/alkaline imbalance causing disease is not a new concept. In 1933, Dr. William Howard Hay from New York published A New Health Era in which he maintains that all disease is caused by “self-poisoning” due to acid accumulation in the body.
An overly acidic condition weakens the body and can become dangerous. Our body requires a slightly alkaline condition to function well. Blood, for example, needs to be 7.4 pH. A shift in blood pH of just 0.2 could result in death. Obviously, the body does not want to die so it is forced to borrow minerals (calcium, sodium, potassium and magnesium) from vital organs and bones to neutralize the acid. A condition of high acidity may go undetected for years, causing the body to suffer prolonged damage.
How Do We Balance Our pH?
Our typical diet consists mostly of acidifying foods (proteins, cereals, sugars). Alkaline foods such as fruits and vegetables are often eaten in much smaller quantities; not enough to neutralize the excess of acidifying foods we consume. Common habits like tobacco, coffee, tea and alcohol are extremely acidifying.
Our body is approximately 20 percent acidic and 80 percent alkaline; it is recommended that we consume approximately 20 percent acidic foods and 80 percent alkaline foods.
The acid in the acid/alkaline balance is not the same as stomach acid. A healthy stomach pH is acidic, which is necessary for digesting food. What we are discussing here is the pH of the body’s fluids, cells and tissues. Alkalinity is also more about what happens AFTER digestions. For example, lemons and oranges are considered acidic but after digestion they supply alkaline minerals to the body. Foods are either acidifying or alkalizing.
The diet needs to be fairly alkaline – to be energized and get all the benefits mentioned above.
Diet is the safest way to balance. If your diet is not what it should be you can also add alkaline water.
Recipes with Alkaline Foods:
Seed Topping For Rice or Vegetables: made with pumpkin seeds, the most alkaline seed that is also very healthy and delicious!
Alkalizing Lemon Aid: Lemon happens to be the most alkalizing food available!
Olive Oil Lemon Juice Salad Dressing: this does not have vinegar in it like most dressing which are very acidic.
For full information on Acid/Alkaline balancing: Balance Your Body Mini E-book
Besides knowing about alkaline balance I also teach you how to cook and combine meals in my Alkalize Your Body Web BootCamp.
We created WeekendWeb BootCamps so people would have skills and confidence to apply knowledge rather than just think about it or try and give up.
Check them to ensure a healthy 2013!