If you throw away the seeds when you carve your next pumpkin you might want to reconsider, particularly after trying freshly roasted seeds. But they don’t just taste great, these seeds support superb health too.
1. They’re high in the sleep-enhancing amino acid tryptophan that converts to serotonin in your body and helps ensure a good night’s sleep;
2. They’re also high in the heart-healing mineral magnesium, which is also Nature’s natural relaxant;
3. They’re high levels of easily-digestible protein helps stabilize blood sugar when eaten as a snack throughout the day. Stable blood sugar means weight loss if you’re trying to lose.
4. High in Omega 3s, pumpkin seed oil has been shown in studies to reduce the incidence of benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH)—a condition in which the prostate gland becomes enlarged.
5. Pumpkin seeds are also high in the prostate-protecting mineral zinc, making these seeds the ultimate snack for men’s health.
Keep reading to learn how to maximize the health benefits of roasted pumpkin seeds…
Read more: Alternative Therapies, Appetizers & Snacks, Arthritis, Asthma, Cholesterol, Diet & Nutrition, Eating for Health, Food, General Health, Health, Heart & Vascular Disease, Insomnia, Michelle Schoffro Cook, Obesity, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, anti-inflammatory foods, BPH, diet, Dr. Cook, fiber, health, healthy diet, healthy fats, heart health, insomnia, iron, lose weight, lose weight naturally, lower cholesterol naturally, magnesium, men's health, Michelle Schoffro Cook, nutrition, omega-3, omega-3 fatty acids, prostate health, protein, pumpkin, pumpkin seeds, sleep, tryptophan, weight loss, women's health, World's Healthiest News
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.