Summer drinks don’t have to be all about fruit. You can use teas and herbs as the base for all kinds of delicious mocktails to keep you cool in the summer heat.
6. Iced Ginger Tea with Lemon – Boil 4 cups of water and pour over large bowl with 4 bags of ginger tea. Steep for 15-20 minutes, then remove the bags and transfer to a pitcher. Pour the tea into glasses full of ice and add a squeeze of lemon.
7. Iced Chai Tea – Bring 4 cups of water to a boil, then turn off the burner and submerge 4 bags of chai tea. Steep for 5-7 minutes, then transfer to a pitcher and let it cool completely. Serve it over ice. If you like your tea creamer, add a splash of almond or coconut milk.
8. Iced Hibiscus Tea with Lime – This is best made by the pitcher. In a saucepan, boil 4 cups of water with 4 bags of hibiscus tea for 5-10 minutes, depending on how strong you like it. Serve over ice with a squeeze of lime.
9. Iced Orange Chamomile Tea – Bring 3 1/2 cups of water to a boil, then turn off the burner and submerge 4 bags of chamomile tea. Steep for 5-7 minutes, then transfer to a pitcher and let it cool completely. Add 1/2 cup of orange juice to the pitcher and pour it into glasses full of ice to serve.
10. Herbacious Cooler - Muddle a few sprigs of mint and cilantro and a couple of basil leaves in the bottom of a glass with a squeeze of lemon juice. Add a handful of ice and top off with soda water for a refreshing herbal treat.
Do you have a favorite summer mocktail to help you beat the heat?
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.