10 Kick-Ass Quotes From Women Who Kick Ass
What makes the following women so unique? Their authenticity, vulnerability, and courage. These are women who are not afraid to be themselves as they take creative risks or launch BIG ideas into the world. These are women who believe in the whole story, not just the pretty faces and the happy endings. These women represent an excellent blend of grace and grit — a formula that seems to be emerging in women leaders in all areas of our society. We hope you enjoy this list of Kick-Ass Quotes — and join these women at Emerging Women Live where they will be speaking and offering more kick-ass wisdom!
1. Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be. ~ Elizabeth Gilbert
2. The truth of who we are is innate goodness, and the whole journey is really about removing any obstacle or false belief that keeps us from knowing that. ~ Alanis Morissette
3. Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It’s about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen. ~ Brené Brown
4. When you bring consciousness to anything, things begin to shift. ~ Eve Ensler
5. Your gifts are magnificent, and they are yours and yours alone, but they don’t have feet. ~ Tara Mohr
6. If you don’t ask the right question, every answer seems wrong. ~ Ani DiFranco
7. There is a secret for greater self-control, the science points to one thing: the power of paying attention. ~ Kelly McGonigal
8. The beauty of self-compassion is that instead of replacing negative feelings with positive ones, new positive emotions are generated by embracing the negative ones. ~ Kristin Neff
9. The state of grace is that holy and contented way of being that each of us strives for. It is that state, auspicious in the spiritual realm, in which we work out all our difficulties with care, and function peacefully in connection with other people in the flow of life. ~ Sobonfu Somé
10. When you do it on your terms instead of someone else’s, running your own shop is fun and meaningful. Every day presents new challenges, and you don’t have to close off the creative part of your personality to navigate them. ~ Jennifer Lee
This is a guest post from Care2′s partner Emerging Women Live, created by Chantal Pierrat.
Whether you are an executive, an entrepreneur, or a creative — if you are committed to expressing your unique gifts to the world, at Emerging Women Live you’ll find a community of like-minded women ready to help you succeed. Join us!