If we want water coming in our taps to be clean, we need to make
sure that which goes down our drains is clean.
Here are ways you might be polluting the water from your drain
that you might not have thought about:
1. Disinfectant hand soap.
2. Hand dish detergent with artificial scents and dyes.
3. Automatic dish detergents that contain phosphates.
4. Hair dyes.
5. Solvents from washing paint brushes, rags with furniture polish, etc.
6. Hormones coming from the urine of women who are on birth control pills.
7. Toxic cleaning product residues from everything from bathtub and shower stall cleaners, to sponges rinsed after use on oven cleaner.
8. Toxic dyes from fabrics that “bleed.”
9. Pesticides from washing plants that have been sprayed.
10. Hormone disrupters from bodycare products, such as those that contain paraben preservatives.