No matter how small or basic, home is so precious! To come back and put your feet up, watch TV, sip coffee, chat on the phone or just pop off to sleep… we often take these pleasures for granted, but today India celebrates Independence Day, and I am at home for a change. The monsoon sun is soft, and my bed is so cozy. I feel gratitude fill my heart, for this day, for my home.
Felt like jotting down the things that make my home so special. Do share your thoughts, too!
1. Your favorite coffee mug or tea set.
2. A pleasant doorbell.
3. The freedom to belt out a bathroom song.
4. A ready supply of cookies and snacks when unexpected guests turn up.
5. At least one cozy chair in a favorite nook.
6. Little things that make you happy—a basket for your magazines, a chintz curtain, the sun slanting in through a corner window.
7. The scent of baking.
8. A color scheme that makes you happy each time you walk in.
9. That secure feeling when you’re tucked up in bed and there’s a thunderstorm outside.
10. The smile on a loved one’s face when you step in.