Who doesnít love a sprinkling of cinnamon on fresh apple pie or atop a chai latte?† Itís just one of those spices that tastes fantastic.† But taste is not the only reason to love cinnamon.† Here are 10 health reasons (plus an extra reason) to love this super spice:
1. Numerous studies show that cinnamon regulates blood sugar, making it a great choice for diabetics and hypoglycemics alike.† Thatís also great news for anyone who wants stable energy levels and moods.
2. It reduces LDL cholesterol levels.† LDL is also known as the harmful cholesterol.† Reducing it may help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
3. It has natural anti-infectious compounds.† In studies, cinnamon has been effective against ulcer-causing H. pylori bacteria and other pathogens.
4. It reduces pain linked to arthritis.† Cinnamon has been shown in studies at the Department of Internal Medicine, Kangnam Korean Hospital, to reduce cytokines linked to arthritic pain.
5. Research at the University of Texas, published in the journal Nutrition and Cancer, shows that cinnamon may reduce the proliferation of cancer cells, holding promise for cancer prevention and sufferers of the disease.
6. It is a natural food preservative.
7. It contains fiber, calcium, iron, and manganeseóalbeit small amounts to the typical dose of ground cinnamon.
8.† Itís been proven effective for menstrual pain and 9. infertility.† Cinnamon contains a natural chemical called cinnamaldehyde, which studies show increases the hormone progesterone and decreases testosterone production in women, helping to balance hormones.
Keep reading to learn how cinnamon holds promise for Azheimer’s, Parkinson’s, MS, and more…