3. Infant Formula—As terrible as it sounds, some infant formula actually contains MSG in one of its myriad disguises.
4. Soy “Meat” Products—Many of the vegetarian burgers, hot dogs, sausages, or other meat alternatives contain textured vegetable protein (TVP), hydrolyzed vegetable protein or hydrolyzed plant protein, all of which usually contain MSG.
5. Baby Food—Shocking as it is, manufacturers of baby food often include glutamate, one of MSG’s many guises—as a flavor “enhancer.”
6. Bottled Sauces—Just gotta have your Thai, Teriyaki, or Jamaican Jerk sauce? Well, most bottled sauces contain MSG.
7. Salad Dressings—The salad dressing you’re choosing could be negating any of the health benefits of eating salad, if you choose a bottled dressing that contains MSG. Bottled salad dressings may contain “natural flavour,” “spices,” or “seasoning,” all of which can legally contain MSG.