5 Flip-flop Doníts:
1. Donít re-wear flip-flops year after year. Inspect older pairs for wear. If they show signs of severe wear, discard them.
2. Donít ignore irritation between toes, where the toe thong fits. This can lead to blisters and possible infections.
3. Donít wear flip-flops while walking long distances. Even the sturdiest flip-flops offer little in terms of shock absorption and arch support.
4. Donít do yard work while wearing flip-flops. Always wear a shoe that fully protects feet when doing outside activities such as mowing the lawn or using a weed-eater.
5. Donít play sports in flip-flops. This practice can lead to twisting of the foot or ankle, as well as sprains and breaks.