10 Vegan Breakfast Ideas
- Veronica, selected from Green Options
- May 18, 2009
- 9:05 am
6. Quinoa pilaf. While quinoa is cooking in water or your favorite non-dairy milk, stir in some pecans and dried cranberries. When finished, fluff with a fork and top with a little grated orange zest.
7. Cherry smoothie. This one is especially great in the summer. Combine 1 cup frozen cherries, 1 cup water, 1/2 T coconut butter, 1 T cocoa powder, 2 T unsalted almonds, and a few medjool dates in a blender and whizz away. Fresh, frothy, and fabulous.
8. Vegan pancakes. They’re easy! Doctor up your favorite traditional pancake recipe like this: Replace each egg with 1 T ground flaxseeds and 2 T water, and sub soymilk with a little bit of cider vinegar for the buttermilk. I also like to replace half the white flour with whole wheat, and add in some blueberries or sliced banana.
9. Fruit salad. Another warm-weather favorite when you’re looking for something light. My favorite is a mix of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries, topped with chopped almonds.
10. Banana boats. You can do this with one or two bananas, depending on how hungry you are. Split each banana length-wise and spread each half generously with peanut butter. Top with raisins, drizzle on the agave nectar, and dust with cinnamon.
Green Options Media is a network of environmentally-focused blogs providing users with the information needed to make sustainable choices. Written by experienced professionals, Green Options Media’s blogs engage visitors with authoritative content, compelling discussions, and actionable advice. We invite anyone with questions, or simply curiosity, to add their voices to the community, and share their approaches to achieving abundance.
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.